My first portraits ever............ please C & C

I dont like the car edit. It looks over-saturated.

I do like the car picture however, just wish there were a more off-kilter perspective than a dead on vantage point.

The one below the car picture (no names/numbers here) is cool, but could do with some lighting help. Pose wise and position, I dig it.

While I like the "dirty" look of Amber's edit, I just think it took it a bit too far with this particular model; and Eryns maintains her look (even though it seems a bit too PP'd).

Ok so I really like the new pictures a lot more, and that girls eyes are freaking beautiful. Also who's Shelby GT500 is that? You should have had her interact with the car a little more... I know its an amazing car and you don't want her to scratch it, but right now it just looks like the car is there for fun, you can't tell whether to focus on the hot girl, or the hot car, if they worked as one I think the shots would have worked much better.

very pretty girl, number 5 is really the only one I care for in the first set.....JMHO, 2nd set 2nd and 4th pictures she has the incredible hulk eyes.

Thanks everyone for the comments and critiques on the 2nd set from that same shot.

Feel free to edit any pics in a way that might be helpful.

-Josh

Little complaints about the pictures. Most have been already stated.

I think you did a great job, especially for first time. Keep it up. She looks like she knows what's she's doing too!

I can suggest she tans without a top though. haha. The tan lines in the pictures show up quite well.

Alright, I can't resist doing another edit! I used more Kubota Actions. This time on image one I used "Krypto Glasses" and then toped it with "Patina" both from Artistic Tools V4. I used "Digital fill Flash" and "Smokeless Burn" V2. The flash was used on the face, then a touch of the burn in the "hulk eyes" and edges of the image.
hulkeyes.jpg

On image two I used "Modern Antique with glow" from V2, I backed off the glow to about 55% and painted it all out of the eyes. I used "Digital fill flash"/ "Smokeless Burn" for the same applications as image one.

hulkeyes2.jpg

Both very different looks, that are hard to look at side by side. I think they both have some merit and I hope you think they are swell.

Amber
Kubota Image Tools team

Your second batch of photos was much better and the model's eyes and face showed up clearly and brightly. The problem when you add a car is that visually the model needs to be separate from the car...not blending together because of dark clothes and dark car. A black car is also a challenge to light for detail at the front and bottom. Pro model and car shots are done with considerable additional lighting and reflectors and these techniques are absolutely necessary with a dark coloured car.

skieur

Most reactions

Back