My First Post...yet

EJBPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been a lurker for awhile- well, since I decided to actually pursue my photography business along with my schooling, around 4 months ago. And I've finally went out and bought a Nikon D70s since I have all Nikon lenses.

Well, I haven't had much time to really try it out as I don't have many subjects I want to use (Although I have a few shooting apointments with kids- what I want to do eventually- this weekend)...but I did get my sister to let me shoot her.

It was hard to choose what to show you...and unfortunately I have HARDLY figured out how to use the camera (sadly i cannot figure out how to change the shutter speed...need to read manual) so I have a bit too much flash, IMO, since I am more of a natural light person.

But enjoy! Feed back please!

one.jpg

nine.jpg

(My focus is off in the following)
four.jpg

eleven.jpg

seven.jpg

Thank you! I'm glad to actually participate rahter than just lurk. Thanks for your feedback as well.

Anything you see I could do differently this afternoon with my new shoot?

Ya got some cool shots. Glad to see you came out of lurk mode, and posted some pics. HOpe to see more.
Welcome to the forum too. !!

I'd start with not using the flash, doesnt look very professional, great start though EJB, and welcome to the forum!

-Joe

Joerocket said:
I'd start with not using the flash, doesnt look very professional, great start though EJB, and welcome to the forum!

-Joe

As a poor college student, I have no more money to buy lighting. I maxed myself out with this camera. Any suggestions for alternative ways to achieve light in the dark?

There are plenty of ways to get cheap lighting!

I also, don't own any professional lighting, but I just use whatever lamps, flash-lights, cheap spot lights from hardware store ( like $10-20 ! ). This is for around the house - Or if you are on *location*, then use the light from stores, or street lights!

And, even if you feel you have nothing around you to shoot, that's when you should shoot! Shoot normal, everyday things - ie: The way the coffee stains the table, or the view from your lounge etc - It's about learning how to *see* the normal!

Go the local library, borrow some books on photographers - Can always help!

And yes, these photos are lovely! I would suggest showing a little more of your sisters leg when she is squatting, as without any leg showing, it makes her look about 2ft tall!

Lovely to hear from you, keep it up! And welcome! :)

Welcome to the forum. Out of the photos, I like the composition of #4, but all are very unique :thumbup:

Dollface is right about lighting. Get creative with what is easily accesible and you will be surprised with the results. Recently for macro shots, I have been using a fluorescent light behind vellum/translucent paper which can be bought at craft stores, along with a desk lamp, and with a little photoshopping to improve the white balance and edit out some faint shadows, it looks fairly good for costing a total $15 if you asked me! :)
Once again, welcome.

Dollface said:
There are plenty of ways to get cheap lighting!

I also, don't own any professional lighting, but I just use whatever lamps, flash-lights, cheap spot lights from hardware store ( like $10-20 ! ). This is for around the house - Or if you are on *location*, then use the light from stores, or street lights!

This is true .. I had an old Projector (before it broke) and I used to use that ... plus I used a couple of table lamps on the sides ....

that worked for me .. then again I rarely use lighting ... just what God or Canon gives me.

Nice series of photos ,,, welcome to TPF EJ ....

THanks for sharing!

Thank yall!!! Awesome feedback and suggestions. I appreciate it greatly! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back