My first POST!!!

photobum

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone from California:) I am very excited about this forum, the 1st one I joined, and I am looking at spending some time here:) to critique and be critiqued:)
$dark tree (1 of 1)-2.jpg
Tell me what you think forumers? If i said that right.. I took this on a boat using a 300mm telescopic lens, by Olympic Mountains, Canada

The lower part of the frame is underexposed. Odd thing about landscapes, they usually don't look the same as when you are there in person.

The film shooters used to say: "expose for the shadows, and print for the highlights". Now with digital, or rather with some digital cameras, we have the option of "active D-lighting". Did you shoot this shot in RAW as well? You can improve this shot by re-working it on your computer.

It's already been processed. Looking at the histo a see a lot of combing.

I feel the foreground would serve better if it were to be exposed a little more, but overall, not bad.

It's already been processed. Looking at the histo a see a lot of combing.

Thanks, yes it's already been processed given iam not the best with lightroom or photoshop yet, how were you able to tell, combing? Thanks for the critique guys TPF is awesome

I feel the foreground would serve better if it were to be exposed a little more, but overall, not bad.

thanks jds, if you need photo critiquing also just send some my way

I have several here on the forum in the general category, you can see them on my profile. You definitely have an eye for composition, something I'm looking at improving upon. Same goes to you, if you need any assistance in photoshop or lightroom, those are my specialty.

thanks jds, if you need photo critiquing also just send some my way

I have several here on the forum in the general category, you can see them on my profile. You definitely have an eye for composition, something I'm looking at improving upon. Same goes to you, if you need any assistance in photoshop or lightroom, those are my specialty.

very nice jds, iam in need of a friend that can process photos, i took a photoshop class back in hs but thats about it for my experience, it tought me pretty good basics, but when it comes to adding masks and massive layers etc.. then ??? plus i wasnt a photographer back then so i never experimented that much on skin tone (portraits) etc

I've done most of my work on stock photos in the past, and I've owned a small business for a couple years specializing in graphic design, so it's my forte. My artistic background helps a bit, but a photographer's eye is slightly different than a traditional artist (in some cases).

Sent from my CM9 Android HP Touchpad using Tapatalk.

but a photographer's eye is slightly different than a traditional artist (in some cases).

I agree:) but, that's why you have to train the eye;) or everthing else you want to be good at for that matter, if you just got your dslr camera, then your learning about iso, aperture mode, time etc. time and practice really will get you to know about what lens to use, or how much time u have to take a picture, and what setting etc. what iam trying to get as is kind of just practice, ex i just discovered this forum yesterday its awesome:) I think if you like taking photos and you genuinely enjoy it you are bound to get better, i was reading your post, and it's like those words were coming out of my mouth. I always liked photography but i never knew what a dslr was, i thought point and shoots were it until i got my hands on one and i took pictures of everything:D

but a photographer's eye is slightly different than a traditional artist (in some cases).

I agree:) but, that's why you have to train the eye;) or everthing else you want to be good at for that matter, if you just got your dslr camera, then your learning about iso, aperture mode, time etc. time and practice really will get you to know about what lens to use, or how much time u have to take a picture, and what setting etc. what iam trying to get as is kind of just practice, ex i just discovered this forum yesterday its awesome:) I think if you like taking photos and you genuinely enjoy it you are bound to get better, i was reading your post, and it's like those words were coming out of my mouth. I always liked photography but i never knew what a dslr was, i thought point and shoots were it until i got my hands on one and i took pictures of everything:D

Being that I've worked at Best Buy for the past several years, I've had a ton of technical knowledge on DSLR's but literally no technical experience. Same with point and shoots really. I never really messed with them, I hated how the noise effected the pictures, so I never really messed with them. In theory, I know how everything works on the camera, but without hands on experience (and the gear), getting some of the nicer shots is difficult.

Most reactions

Back