What's new

My First Still Life Attempt

zutty

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
241
Reaction score
157
Location
Maine
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Tried a still life. Not sure what I got right or wrong.
 

Attachments

  • $Still Life #2_001.webp
    $Still Life #2_001.webp
    164.5 KB · Views: 178
  • $Still Life #2_007.webp
    $Still Life #2_007.webp
    164.6 KB · Views: 159
  • $Still Life #2_019.webp
    $Still Life #2_019.webp
    165.1 KB · Views: 151
  • $Still Life #2_025.webp
    $Still Life #2_025.webp
    173.2 KB · Views: 159
  • $Still Life #2_029.webp
    $Still Life #2_029.webp
    88.7 KB · Views: 159
  • $Still Life #2_111.webp
    $Still Life #2_111.webp
    328.8 KB · Views: 152
I like them but in all honesty, I have 0 experience in still photography.
 
I think the subject in shadow (your first and fourth photo) make the more powerful statement.
 
I like the fourth image myself
 
You have to look through the viewfinder as your visual frame ... it is movable and you can change its orientation.
Keep an eye on the space ... does it work for the entire image ... does cutting/cropping off the items in the scene make it stronger.

... and most importantly, are you pushing a subject beyond its visual appeal.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom