My first time out with my New DSLR

Sirashley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay this was my first trip out with my new DSLR. I haven't shot an SLR in 10 years and am a supernoob, I kinda went overkill with postproduction, in all fairness I shot everything in Manual and had no clue.. :D

This was sundown

RedSkyPB.jpg

This was a palm tree

FavoritepalmtreePB.jpg

This was the same Palm tree an hour later

PurplePTforPB.jpg

Any and all critique is welcome, as I said I am a supernoob and kinda overdid post editing. Anyway thanks for looking...

Oh shoot, I though I already commented on these. I'd like to see the unedited pictures. It seems like you took pictures that weren't what you wanted and got something good out of it. I really dig the third photo. The tree has a big taper so it's a cool perspective. And, the moon is like a little jewel. I like the placement.

It seems like you took pictures that weren't what you wanted and got something good out of it.

LOL, Yeah you pretty much got it... I had things framed right but my settings were off, I really had no clue what I was doing and it was all mere guesswork. I'm definitely going to do some research on settings and actually learn how to shoot...

Your camera will have a light meter on it somewhere when you are shooting in Manual. From there, you adjust that light meter till it gets to 0 through changing your shutter speed or aperture.

I would have liked to see the first palm tree shot with the ground in there with it. So you could see the setting sun with the palm tree.. and not just have the sun kinda cut off at the bottom.

Your camera will have a light meter on it somewhere when you are shooting in Manual. From there, you adjust that light meter till it gets to 0 through changing your shutter speed or aperture.

I would have liked to see the first palm tree shot with the ground in there with it. So you could see the setting sun with the palm tree.. and not just have the sun kinda cut off at the bottom.

Okay, this photo was as far back as I could go as there was a canal behind me, this photo is untouched with the exception of what looked like alittle lens flare or something that I removed with photoshop. I somehow must have missed this photo, I shot 180 photos, I like it with the land in the background...

DSC00079forPB.jpg

The first ones are a little overdone in PP, but nice none the less. The last one you posted is spot on. Very nice.

Most reactions

Back