My first wedding! (56k warning maybe)

celery

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ycarabas.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I finally managed to get a gig and try my hand in this field of photography. I really loved doing it and hope to build my portfolio. Here are a few shots, lemme know what you think.

Oh btw: I used a Olympus evolt e-300. I only used available light (I'm not a fan of flash photography - don't hate me).

Wedding took place in the Valley of Fire in Las Vegas. It was pretty relaxed and they had a celtic theme, yes the Groom wore a kilt. Also, they wanted to stay away from certain cliche shots and wanted a photojournalistic style.

wed1.jpg

wed2.jpg

wed3.jpg

wed4.jpg

wed5.jpg

wed6.jpg

wed7.jpg

=)

I think some of these could be improved by adding a boost in contrast. #1, 6, &7 in particular. Also, #1 would be better if you could see both of them. Or, if you were trying to get the back of her dress, move up close and get some detail. The second is my favorite. I really like the composition. But, I really don't like how the expression on her face is pretty unflattering and the groom is looking off somewhere. They should both be looking off in the distance straight ahead at the same place. Or, maybe a kissing shot? I think there is too much headroom in #5 and it looks like they were all posing for someone else. Was there another professional photog there as well?
-April

Most reactions

New Topics

Back