My first wedding shoot as the Main Photog

DiskoJoe

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was for a old friends wedding in Burnet, TX. Very country chic. It was lots of fun. I will post more shots soon But for now I have a posed shot of the bride and a couple portraits of other guests and people in the wedding party.

The bride, of course....

heidi sunset pose by DiskoJoe, on Flickr

maid of honor

kristy - maid of honor by DiskoJoe, on Flickr

brides friend

hair model pose by DiskoJoe, on Flickr

Last edited:
The first one of the bride is not too bad.. The other 2 have very unflattering angles, and give no wedding feeling at all. #3 looks a bit soft as well.

The first one of the bride is not too bad.. The other 2 have very unflattering angles, and give no wedding feeling at all. #3 looks a bit soft as well.
#2 is also soft.

Tone down your post processing. Modern edgy stuff does not stand the test of time very well. Wedding albums are meant to be around for a relatively long time. 10 to 15 years from now your over-saturated style is not going to be very appealing anymore. I hope all your images are not in the horizontal format.

In the first shot the setting could not have been much worse, who chose the setting ?

The bride choose the location and pose herself. The property is a vacation home in the Texas hill country north of austin. Weather has been extremely dry and most vegetation is dead for the most part. The grass was very yellow and dried out. But she loved that one. Told me it was just what she wanted. But that is her opinion so i am looking for a more general consensus at this point for advertising and promotional purposes.

Addendum to my previous post:

The word you might want to use is probably country chic (elegant, stylish) as opposed to country sheik (Arabian high priest, venerable Arabian man, Arabian princeling).

Tone down your post processing. Modern edgy stuff does not stand the test of time very well. Wedding albums are meant to be around for a relatively long time. 10 to 15 years from now your over-saturated style is not going to be very appealing anymore. I hope all your images are not in the horizontal format.

As I mentioned in another response the two portraits are more of snap shots and not really album material. Plus I have black and white versions and natural color versions of all the pictures I took. just because Im artistic does not mean I dont think with a business mind set. Thank you Business Finance degree. But i like it and it is hot right now. And not all the photos are in LANDSCAPE format. Know your terms. This is three pics out of 400.

Addendum to my previous post:

The word you might want to use is probably country chic (elegant, stylish) as opposed to country sheik (Arabian high priest, venerable Arabian man, Arabian princeling).

Thanks. but you didnt need to add a definition. unless you just wanted to be a jerk.

I certainly did not mean to be a jerk, sometimes what we think might be the correct word is accepted in a sentence because spell checker or grammar checker did not flag it. This does not mean it's correct. A simple "Thanks for the clarification, but I already knew this." would have sufficed. You did not have to call me a jerk.

You show 3 photos in a post describing your first wedding as the principal photographer. You post this in the beginner section, how else are we to interpret this other than as an invitation for comments and critiques?

I certainly did not mean to be a jerk, sometimes what we think might be the correct word is accepted in a sentence because spell checker or grammar checker did not flag it. This does not mean it's correct. A simple "Thanks for the clarification, but I already knew this." would have sufficed. You did not have to call me a jerk.

You show 3 photos in a post describing your first wedding as the principal photographer. You post this in the beginner section, how else are we to interpret this other than as an invitation for comments and critiques?

Sorry. A bit harsh on my part. but you would probably get a similar response from most when handing out unwanted, but needed, grammar lessons to college graduates.

So I'm probably not as experienced as you... maybe I am I dunno... but...

Were these your best 3? Plus you titled it wedding but only the first shot really shows a wedding picture. For the second one her skin looks red and sweaty (being a girl I wouldn't want a picture of me like that I don't care if you have a business degree...:lmao:) And the 3rd I don't know why anyone would want a picture of their eyes closed and smudged makeup...whether they have anything to do with a wedding or not.

That said I'd like to see more of the actual wedding ones. ;) I'm not the greatest photographer or even a good one at this point but I am a girl and would be disappointed if these were my "wedding" pictures

Dude, you probably have like what.. hundreds of photos? You decided to post 2 & 3? I dont get it.

Most reactions

Back