My Girl, Jersey

jennhunter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some more practice on my favorite little girl!

4175143880_8514bf8faa.jpg

wow looks like a GAP ad! (yes that's a good thing!)

Wow! Those are great. What kind of backdrop are you using? What are your settings/gear? I try to get ones like that, so clear, but they never quite come out quite right, and I don't have a real backdrop..

Wow! Those are great. What kind of backdrop are you using? What are your settings/gear? I try to get ones like that, so clear, but they never quite come out quite right, and I don't have a real backdrop..

All it is, is white seamless paper, set up in my kitchen, right next to my patio door (natural light only, no flash) Kinda hillbillyish....taped it up to the wall :)

You'll get a bunch of people who will probably say "never ever cut off limbs/head"... I hear it all the time here. I'm totally new to photography but I see people do it a lot both in amateur shots and pro shots, and it never really bothers me.

I think all the shots look very good. They are clear, have great colors, and really highlight her eyes. The only one I don't really care for is the one just of her legs it just doesn't do anything for me. Nice job though

-tim

nice work!...only thing is the second one I wish you got the whole bow on top of the head. The fact that part of it is there is distracting to me.

You'll get a bunch of people who will probably say "never ever cut off limbs/head"... I hear it all the time here. I'm totally new to photography but I see people do it a lot both in amateur shots and pro shots, and it never really bothers me.

In the beginning I was told this ALL the time. Then I got to the point where I saw way too many people, amateur and pros doing it all the time. It doesn't really bother me either, I am voiding that rule :)

nice pictures! try playing with the saturation to make the pictures more arty, dulling down the colours slightly might add the pictures as there are alot of bright colours going on together.

We are Wedding Photographers Birmingham - Imagine That Studios

Good shots of a pretty young lady. Like was mentioned I would play around a bit with the colors and I personally am not wild about the hat.

-tim

That is a rule like all other rules... they are actually more guidelines to help new people learn the basics of what makes a photo interesting.

People who say "never ever" are full of crap IMO. Just as with the rule of thirds, it is totally fine to not apply it when it suits the image. Cutting off limbs, heads or what not is fine, as long as it suits the image and you are doing this with intent.

I've told many people not to cut off limbs, mainly because the limbs they were cutting off totally destroyed the picture. It was not really a thought when they were taking the picture. So drilling in to someone's head that you not only have to compose your subject, but you have to watch what is in the frame, and then pay attention to the background and so on is what is important.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back