My Iron Age neighbours and the blue gate

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
... well, just continuing my short walk this afternoon...

1: this is where my neighbour lives :mrgreen:
_MG_0440.jpg

2:
_MG_0432.jpg

3: The blue gate
_MG_0469.jpg

4:
_MG_0449.jpg

Wow, where is that Iron Age Village? Never heard about it!
And the blue gate ... any meaning to it?

I should actually GO OUT and NOT BE ON TPF again!
NOW!

Wow, where is that Iron Age Village? Never heard about it!
And the blue gate ... any meaning to it?

I should actually GO OUT and NOT BE ON TPF again!
NOW!

All in walking distance from my house ;)

The blue gate is just a sculpture by an artist:

Beatrix Sassen "Schreitendes Tor" (2002)

That's a cool house! Puts to shame the vintage of nearly every man-made structure here in the states.

That's a cool house! Puts to shame the vintage of nearly every man-made structure here in the states.

Well, this has been rebuilt though. These materials do not survive 3000 years that well in our damp climate over here.

Well, this has been rebuilt though. These materials do not survive 3000 years that well in our damp climate over here.

I didn't have to know that, Alex! You could've let me believe that it was that old, couldn't you? :lol:

Very cool. Something about that blue gate I find interesting. Love how you captured it too.

Very cool. Something about that blue gate I find interesting. Love how you captured it too.

Thanks!

Well, it is oddly placed in a way, since it is just on that clearing in a small forest, not even a park ;)

I didn't have to know that, Alex! You could've let me believe that it was that old, couldn't you? :lol:

Well, we DO have things that old and even older, but they are usually either in a worse condition ... or were made from stone ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back