My latest studio session...3 pics (1 NSFW)

Things I noticed:

1-
Good job short lighting her but her head tilt looks uncomfortable and her hair is quite messy/distracting. The key light is also too low. I think you dodged the eyes too much as well. Also, why do her teeth look pink? I think a hair light would have been a good idea to separate her from the background as well.

2- Head tilt is nice. Hair is nice. Short lighting again--nice job. I think the fill light is too bright at the moment. The light is becoming more and more flat. The overexposed short side of her face and forehead might be making me think it's flatter than it is though.
Her skin is overexposed (forehead especially and on the nose). With her being topless, her bright skin on the bottom left quadrant of the photo is bright and draws me away from the face. This is one reason why I think the fill light should be taken down--not only would it add more pattern to her face with the light but it would tone down this area.

#3- I've never done nudes but here's what I think. I don't mind the pose but her face should be turned to her left and the key light should be lighting her from the other side. Right now, by lighting it from the right side, you have this big huge soft source of light taking away contrast from her body. Had you moved it to the left and back bit (just like you were lighting her face normally) you would get beautiful pattern and shape to her face and the light would wrap around her backside like a gradient. Now her body would be shaped by the light and give it more life. You would have light-dark-light-dark-light-dark-etc. to give visual interest. This is called chiaroscuro. Here's an article I found to help you understand more of what I'm saying: http://www.glamour1.com/forums/view.php?pg=chiaroscuro

Thanks as always for the detailed critique and tips Jubba! Very much appreciated. :)

I always love your pictures. #1 her teeth look pink. May be my monitor.

#2 Love the picture... Looks like a painting. Love your lighting on all 3 of them.

Thanks zen. Nice of you to stop by and comment! :)

Very good. Great looking lady you have there too! I do love #3 the most. I agree on the others on the pink teeth in #1. On #2, the mouth has a pink color also-out beyond the lips I mean. Sort of looks like she had a hot make-out session before it was taken... but that could be good, LOL!! Thanks for sharing NJ.

Very good. Great looking lady you have there too! I do love #3 the most. I agree on the others on the pink teeth in #1. On #2, the mouth has a pink color also-out beyond the lips I mean. Sort of looks like she had a hot make-out session before it was taken... but that could be good, LOL!! Thanks for sharing NJ.

Geez...hot make out session?? uh, Im afraid not. LOL! Anyway, thanks for the comments stellar_gal. I appreciate it very much. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back