What's new

My Laundry Door.

Geaux

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 21, 2010
Messages
2,522
Reaction score
464
Location
New Orleans, LA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There is just something about this door that intrigues me. We installed a new door handle and coupled with the old cracking paint, it grabbed my attention. Does it do the same for you?

4470849051_9b939ca69b_o.jpg
 
Cool contrast. The key (more the rope attached to it) takes away from the finished product imo..

I like the angle here... the door edge and jamb are vertical but everything else is skewed.
 
Since the door is on my back patio, I might have to try the shot again sans key (and rope lol)

Thanks for the comment rez
 
Do you think you could tarnish the brass in PP?
 
Last edited:
I probably could, but I like the 'new' vs. 'old' look of the picture. It's what originally caught my attention to take the picture, so I probably wouldn't change something that I liked enough to take the shot lol.


IMO, it would be like a shot of a child playing on the playground, then asking to PP the child out and replacing it with another because the child doens't fit.... lol.
 
Time to consider a new laundry room door! lol
 
No way, we thought about it, but everyone that sees it says "Don't change out that door, it's a great door". It doesn't have any issues or leaking or anything like that, so it's cosmetically pleasing. Especially for New Orleans, at least imo. lol.

I wouldn't eat the paint chips though, could contain lead ;) lol
 
Whoever fitted that handle and lock on that door wants shooting it looks awful and it is the wrong size because it is over hanging the mould on the door jamb
 
This isn't actually about the construction of the door or handle fitment lol. Can we get back on topic of the actual picture .... please?"

It's frustrating to come into here, excited b/c someone commented on a photo, only to see "Time to get a new door ..." or "Whoever fitted that handle and lock on that door wants shooting it looks awful and it is the wrong size because it is over hanging the mould on the door jamb" and gsgary ... English please?
 
Whoever fitted that handle and lock on that door wants shooting it looks awful and it is the wrong size because it is over hanging the mould on the door jamb

gsgary the carpenter over here...
 
I really like the contrast between new shiny handle and cracking paint. I do find the strin on the key takes your eyes out of the photo, but i like the key in it.

I look forward to seeing your next take on it if you do reshoot it.:thumbup:
 
I appreciate what you're going for with this shot -- contrast, etc. But I don't think enough of the photo is in focus. The door has personality -- much more than the door handle -- so why not show off all that great texture. Also, I think the key is a distraction. Remove it, stop down the aperture, and recompose the shot so the door handle doesn't break the strong vertical lines and see how that turns out.
 
I don't think enough of the photo is in focus. The door has personality -- much more than the door handle -- so why not show off all that great texture.

That's a really good point. Stopping down your lens and sticking your camera on a tripod will help. Then you won't have to shoot ISO 800.

Looking forward to the re-shoot OP!
 
This isn't actually about the construction of the door or handle fitment lol. Can we get back on topic of the actual picture .... please?"

It's frustrating to come into here, excited b/c someone commented on a photo, only to see "Time to get a new door ..." or "Whoever fitted that handle and lock on that door wants shooting it looks awful and it is the wrong size because it is over hanging the mould on the door jamb" and gsgary ... English please?


No it looks a mess :lol:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom