What's new

My Laundry Door.

gsgary the carpenter over here...

I think not, or he would know the difference between a Stile & a Jamb.

As for the pic, I agree with more door & greater DOF. Loose the key & twine also.

Good eye Geaux.


Bloody hell small slip up it won't happen again :lol:
 
I probably could, but I like the 'new' vs. 'old' look of the picture. It's what originally caught my attention to take the picture, so I probably wouldn't change something that I liked enough to take the shot lol.


IMO, it would be like a shot of a child playing on the playground, then asking to PP the child out and replacing it with another because the child doens't fit.... lol.

True, if that is the look that you were going for then why change it.

The different age of the two does tell more of a story.
 
Finally got a chance to reshoot the door. I took some of the CC in consideration while reshooting. The only problem I ran into, while trying to keep the original angle and getting the knob to not block vertical line, was the brick showed a lot more. I tried cropping it out, but it led to an awkward shape.

4611947513_0924ef3ea6_o.jpg


Here is another angle I tried, which I was satisfied with. Only thing I would change is getting a little lower to center the knob on the base of the knob.

4612560896_df6d3764f1_o.jpg
 
Thanks Ron. The only issue that I have with your suggestion of moving left, is that it would put the knob in an area that it cuts of the vertical line to the right of it that I wanted to keep (or was told to not block lol)

I can try moving lower though. Thanks again.
 
I don't care much for the first one.

I thinl the second one could make for a nice square crop. Getting that right angle of the lower left quadrant pointed dead center. I agree with you, you should have been meticulous about the getting the doorknob centered over the base.

Man that is a jarring juxtaposition.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom