What's new

My little buddy, R.I.P.

weez1959

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 28, 2007
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Otterburn Park
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a pic I took about 1 month before he passed on...
 

Attachments

  • $profpeaframedsmall.webp
    $profpeaframedsmall.webp
    32.2 KB · Views: 134
I like the expression on his face! Sorry, your friend passed on.
 
sorry for what happened... pray he rests in peace. love the photograph, the eye and head textures have been amazingly captured.

what equipment are you using ? it looks it would have been better if you used a higher resolution...

well done my friend, all the best.
 
Awww. Sorry to hear that.
I find it difficult to get good captures of fish through glass, so I must say you did quite well here. But I am with sayambhu - resolution is a bit low. Loads fast but could be presented sharper, I think.

Oh. And by the way: Welcome to ThePhotoForum!
 
Sorry to hear that. I know what it's like to lose a pet you dearly love...

It's a great photograph to remember the Professor by though.
 
Thanks everyone! He was a happy little fish while he was alive. Strangely these little puffers seem to have personalities more so than other fish, maybe it's the little smiles they have.
On to the resolution, This could be nothing more than how I size them for the internet,
here's what I do it in photoshop, (not nessessarily the right way :P ):
My image usually starts out at 32"X48 (2304X3456 pixels)
I start by reducing to 1000X1500 pixels
then I save it as a jpeg in a low quality file (2)
There's probably a better way of doing this and preserving the quality of my pics but this is the only way I know how.
Anyone got a step by step on this?
 
Well, I downsize mine to 800x533 and save them at 10.
Photobucket will then no longer reduce them as they please, either (which they do when you save at 12-maximum). 2 is really low.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom