My mistake

icassell

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I made the mistake of going into my local camera store yesterday and playing with a 5D MkII. I haven't stopped drooling since I left the place ... I think I need an appointment now for electroshock therapy, since I can't afford to buy a new camera at present.

Ian

I've been avoiding the shops for this very reason!
I can't afford the camera or the therapy ;)

It's just a Canon.

I've been avoiding the shops for this very reason!
I can't afford the camera or the therapy ;)

The other problem is that I also have a couple of EF-S lenses. Not only would I need to buy the camera, I'd need to get some new glass. I wonder if I have enough fat on my tail to get through the rest of the year without eating.

give up on food
electricity (do you really need to see more ads for it online)
heating (a few jumpers)
water (rainwater!)
and you should have a bundle of monies :)

then comes the big question - do you go for glass or the camera????*

*hint - glass :)

then comes the big question - do you go for glass or the camera????*

*hint - glass :)

Well, if I don't buy the camera, I don't need the glass. I have a great selection for my crop-sensor 30D. I only need new glass if I switch to a FF body. (that is unless someone wants to advance me a 400mm f2.8)

Ian

pfft what sort of argument is that ;)

of course you need FF glass so that when you can afford a FF camera you can use it :)

*also if anyone is willing to advance 400mms about remember me as well!)

Does the 5DMII come with a lens worthy of its capabilities, or is it just another mediocre kit lens?

5DM2 comes with a canon 24-105mm f4 L lens which is definatly a worthy lens for such a camera - heck I would like the lens alone for a walkaround!

Does the 5DMII come with a lens worthy of its capabilities, or is it just another mediocre kit lens?

5DM2 comes with a canon 24-105mm f4 L lens which is definatly a worthy lens for such a camera - heck I would like the lens alone for a walkaround!

Here's a recent shot from the 5DII/24-105 combo - click for full resolution

The kit gives you a great price on that lens too ... makes the lens cost only about 800 bux.

Most reactions

Back