My name is Noah and I am a photographer . . .

noah_silverhalide

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone.
I am a noob here and thought I would say "hello" and introduce me self. I am in North Orange County, California (about 45 minutes southeast from Los Angeles). I was staunchly a 35mm film shooter until I was gifted my first dSLR and the doors of possibilities were blown wide open. So now there is an extra item in my gear bag. I shoot both mediums now. I hope to learn as well as pass on some useful tips I have learned from this century and the last. I am down to shoot anything, collars, whatever - hit me up.

Welcome! There are a few of us film shooters still around. I still shoot mostly film, though there are a few who switch back and forth.

Welcome. I still have most of my film gear. I did sell all my MF equipment. Still have my 4x5 and 35mm gear though. Still have my Jobo processing equipment as well.

Welcome, Noah! Might be time to pick up a Pentax d-slr, or a Canon d-slr, or a mirrorless Sony, to better utilize that Pentax glass you have! Nikon's not the best platform for adapting legacy lenses: Canon d-slr or Pentax or SOny mirrorless would be awesome!

Welcome, Noah! Might be time to pick up a Pentax d-slr, or a Canon d-slr, or a mirrorless Sony, to better utilize that Pentax glass you have! Nikon's not the best platform for adapting legacy lenses: Canon d-slr or Pentax or SOny mirrorless would be awesome!

This ^^ I decided to give myself a digital option by getting a Pentax K7 body and using my legacy lenses. The K mounts fit, of course, and with an adapter, I also use my screw mount lenses. I've been happy with this arrangement. Manual focus is a little bit trickier on a dslr, but it's manageable. I did buy one modern Pentax lens for those times when I can't be bothered with manual focus, but I still mostly stick to the legacy lenses with the better glass.

Great name, welcome!

Welcome! There are a few of us film shooters still around. I still shoot mostly film, though there are a few who switch back and forth.
Guilty! Started with film, went to digital (exclusively), recently dipped my toe back into the film water so shooting both.

Last edited:
Welcome Noah, My camera takes nice pictures. I'm down in Fallbrook, a little south of you.

Most reactions

Back