my neice C&C

651stp

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is my 2nd attempt at a portrait. My #1 model, my neice lol. shes willing to take photos all the time but i have a tough time finding a background in my small house. Which brings me to, i know the background is plain, its just the ground and wall. As far as the compisition and colors what do you think? anything constructive would be nice. i tried using that "rules of third" on here to get the eye in that area. Thanks community!

20120920-IMG_1718-Edit-Edit_zps48571c32.jpg

C&C per req:

The background is fine; it's not exciting, but it also doesn't detract from the image in any way, which is a good thing. That said, the pedal-car/bike/whatever is a bit annoying. You're positioning of the subject isn't bad, but I think if you'd left a little more room image right/bottom so that her back and legs weren't cropped, it would be even better. It seems you had some bright window light image right; next time, consider using a reflector to bring some of that back to her face. This will provide a nice catchlight and some more "life" in her eyes.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

thanks john. yeah im going to get a reflector soon after i get back from vegas. i told her to move her head from the car handle but its very hard to pose such a energetic child lol. everytime i pose her she moves from where i said. so this is the best i can come up with :)

Here is my 2nd attempt at a portrait. My #1 model, my neice lol. shes willing to take photos all the time but i have a tough time finding a background in my small house. Which brings me to, i know the background is plain, its just the ground and wall. As far as the compisition and colors what do you think? anything constructive would be nice. i tried using that "rules of third" on here to get the eye in that area. Thanks community!

IMO, the plain white background is fine, perhaps even preferable.
The prop might not be the most ideal.
The pose is very good, but the crop is not. Her right hand is a slight problem, in that it is sort of in the frame, but not all of it shows.
The lighting is harsh on her left side, but pretty good everywhere else.

Since this young lady likes to pose, I suggest that you keep up the good work.

..its very hard to pose such a energetic child lol. everytime i pose her she moves from where i said.

Looks like you're going to have to shoot faster. :D

thanks john. yeah im going to get a reflector soon after i get back from vegas. i told her to move her head from the car handle but its very hard to pose such a energetic child lol. everytime i pose her she moves from where i said. so this is the best i can come up with :)

Duct-tape and coat-hangers!

Duct-tape and coat-hangers!

wow i never thought of that. what about tinfoil? great idea btw!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back