My new 60mm 2.8G macro and new 50mm 1.4D

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been debating what to do.
Never was extremely happy with my 50mm 1.8G.
Its great for night photography but with portrait it does a mediocre job, eyes comes out soft, been debating if to go with the 50mm 1.4D as it is about same price and most replies said the older D lens is softer so I was on the fence but eventually I decided if the eyes come out soft might as well get a lens that will be even better in low light.

Well I got the 50mm 1.4D today and I am glad to say it actually is sharper then my 50mm G lens, its not amazing, not as good as was the 85mm 1.8G I tried at the store but it sure is sharper and I am very happy with it, its sharper at f1.4 then the G at f3.5.
So now I have a faster lens and sharper one.
I guess my G and I never hit it off :(
It will go to a new home soon when I have the time to post it.

And I also was looking for a Macro lens, I heard many people said get 100mm so getting a smaller number was a bit of a dilema, I went to the camera store and tried the 60mm 2.8G and was amazed at how sharp it is both as a macro lens and as a portrait.
Got it used for a reasonable price today, it is indeed a good lens and perfect for my needs, for portraits its as sharp as my new 50mm 1.4D lens and I love its mcro even though I didn't really got to try it correctly on a tripod.
Here is a hand held quick shot of one of my watches.

RolexDaytona_zpsbd3a0758.jpg

RolexDaytonacloser_zps6f5d5fb8.jpg

Nothing like getting a new lens, Iv got the Tamron 180 macro on it's way, gonna be a long two weeks till it get to me :( Looks like your lens new toy is nice and sharp. Nice watch too

That's pretty sharp. Maybe you had a bad copy of the g. Mine is plenty sharp. Not as sharp as my 85 IMHO but still pretty darn good.

Nothing like getting a new lens, Iv got the Tamron 180 macro on it's way, gonna be a long two weeks till it get to me :( Looks like your lens new toy is nice and sharp. Nice watch too

I would love to see how your Tamron will work out, there are so many Macro lenses out there, I never heard of your specific lens.
I love watches too and has a small collection of them, I posted the pictures of my watches few days ago on the General Gallery forum.

That's pretty sharp. Maybe you had a bad copy of the g. Mine is plenty sharp. Not as sharp as my 85 IMHO but still pretty darn good.

I agree, I think the copy I got is a lemon, anyways it will be out of my hands soon enough :)
I was debating if to go for the 85mm 1.8G or the Macro lens and I decided the 60mm at the moment is more important for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back