My new english school

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hah! I signed for an English course again:) now it is Profficiency level :) Oh gosh - today I had my first classes and found them really hard. And today my teacher told me that Proficiency level is for those who speak english in the way that "weel educated native speaker use the language". It sounded strange... what does it mean: well educated? University degree? Does it mean that for instance technicians cannot speak english very well????? For me it is very dubious.

the woman who said that is an cambridge exams. interlocutor... so I've no idea how it can be

Jeff Canes said:
How can that be, there are different between English speaking countries?

Ha ha...there are differences in language in every area code in North America...let alone different countries.

It sounds like you are taking a course similar to what we would take in junior high school. English or Language arts. Basically proper use & understanding of the English language.

mentos - Well it she when to Cambridge, I would guess it's like likely British

Mike - Ditto, but i did not want to type all that, A

You're about to start on the "proper English" classes. It's going to be like nothing you've ever heard before.....(this is coming from a southerner) :lol:

actually the profficiency level is the top one. The final, the last... highiest that you can achieve...

btw. Gerunds were in elementary school :)

Shark said:
mentos_007 said:
btw. Gerunds were in elementary school :)

Tell that to my students. :? They've studied them for years, I spent a week reviewing them, and I bet they'd all flunk a quiz I'd give over them. :? :?

Alright, I'm gonna say my school is REEEEALLLY stupid cuz I can't remember EVER even hearing that word.

Corry... gerunds are words ending with "ing" that work as nouns for instance:
Driving is my hobby

mentos_007 said:
Corry... gerunds are words ending with "ing" that work as nouns for instance:
Driving is my hobby

Yeah, Shark already explained that above. I'm just saying that we never learned it that I can remember in school.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back