My Newborn Riley (photo shoot)

mindfloodz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
s116.photobucket.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did these the day before yesterday. I know they aren't perfect, but I am really trying to get better. I am very new to newborn photography. I look through forums and newborn photographers websites for inspiration, but struggle with my lighting. I don't have a hotshoe or external flash, or any kind of lighting setup. I am limited to indoor natural light or having to take up shoot outside. The temps have been way to high for anything outdoors for a 5 day old, so indoors it is. In these photos I am using my kit lens, which is the 18-55mm, but I do have a 50mm 1.8 and a 55-250mm tele.. Here's my pics:

fruitbasketsleeper.jpg

prayingfeet.jpg

IMG_9040.jpg

Slumberbasket.jpg

whitebasketcloseup.jpg

IMG_9009.jpg

IMG_9171.jpg

I don't know a lot about newborn shoots, but in the last pic, my eyes went straight to the lines in the backdrop on the floor. It also has almost a purple tint to it as well.

I agreed with you totally and was very displeased with the folds from having just bought it from the fabric store. I need to iron it out. I love the how the subject matter looks, but HATE the background. If it were nice and smooth and could avoid seeing those folds, it would have been one of my favs in this series. Thanks for the feedback, what aboutt he others? Any insight into those, what I did right or wrong?

#3 is fantastic. LOVE it.

Mindfloodz are u trying to say you took this picture with no flash wats o ever?

@ Anthony - #4 and #7 I used a fill flash, all the rest a flash was not used. Check the EXIF

JW- Thank you very much

KBM - Very good idea! When I framed #2 I frame it Portrait style (flipped)

Most reactions

Back