My next move?

boomer

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Usually I know exactly what I want next. But this time I wouldn't mind a little input.

After I get paid for the past few events I’ve done, I want to get some new stuff. My current gear is in my sig for the most part. My 3 ideas are:

- Second backup body (I currently only have a D7000). I’m not going to get a D700 or D800 right now as I don’t want to spend that much at this time (but it is my plan sometime in the future). The more I shoot, especially when it's paid, the more I want some kind of spare/backup body. I was thinking about the D5100. The D5100 is $599 for the body only. I really like the D5100 as it has the swivel screen. I'm in a paraplegic in wheelchair and having the swivel screen might be a nice edition for low or high shots when I can't use the view finder. Ya, I know I’ll miss some external controls, but I think I’ll be able to handle it as it’s more of a backup.

I currently have one B800 strobe, battery pack kit and the other accessories. I also have my SB-600 speedlight.

- My second choice might be to get another B800 or B1600 from Paul Buff along with an extra battery pack (just the battery itself) and another light stand with casters. The B800 with listed accessories would be about $450 and the B1600 with accessories would be about $540.

- OR I could get the strobe stuff and just find a used body like a D80 for the time being. That would put me at around $800 which I could swing.

I am stuck because I feel that I have a use for BOTH lol

Opinions??? What would be your move if you were in my shoes with similar gear?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back