My Niece from this weekend c&c please

nemopaice

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a couple of my niece from this weekend. Her Mother and my Wife both like them, but I have a couple issues and just wondering if I'm being too critical?

59697264.jpg

83068284.jpg

48248101n.jpg

Ok, Im gonna be honest with you... no one likes to beat around the bush. Not meaning to sound mean... just honest critique.

The pictures have a nice atmosphere ... the girl is adorable and she has a beautiful smile which lights up the pictures. However, The first shot, you can hardly make out her face .
All of the shots her bangs are consuming her face. Which IMO does not look good.
The third shot is my favorite out of the 3, but again, the bangs kill it for me.

Maybe retake them if possible, and move her hair out of her pretty face?

Yea, I'm going to see if she can't get her bangs cut, or something? That was one of my issues with them as well. The first one is planned to be a large 20x30 or maybe a 30x40 print so her face should be easy to make out. But again the bangs are in her face, so I may reshoot it as well.

The second one has a shadow across her chin. It was cloudy that day, but the sun managed to sneak out just enough that it wasn't noticeable in camera. I'm fairly good in photoshop, but I'm still having issues trying to fully remove it, and again with the bangs, I was tempted to reshoot anyway, so I didn't put a ton of effort into it yet anyway.

The third one is my fav as well from these, I just wish them bangs were at least an inch shorter. It's funny, the shots where her hair wasn't an issue, she wasn't smiling very well or the sun would come out just as I would snap the picture and mess up my metering. Working with kids is such a pain....lol

Anyways, you pretty much mentioned the same concern I had.... I may get the chance again this weekend to reshoot, not sure yet though?

I agree with all that the both of you have said, but i just love the colors in the first picture.

Where is that in NC?

I agree with all that the both of you have said, but i just love the colors in the first picture.

Where is that in NC?

These are actually in Ohio. I won't be back to NC for another two weeks. I do have another pic of that first one without her in it....
Sbuxo said:
She just needs to get it to be better side-swept.
We thought about brushing it to the side more, but my wife conveniently forgot the hair brush.

Next time, maybe rather than cutting them...like she said above.. Brush them to the side. See if that works out before chopping them off lol unless she's wanting them cut. :)

Girls usually love their pics taken..so she would probably love a reshoot? :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back