My photos for your C&C

c0ps

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some strobe photography. Still playing and trying to understand lighting. How did I do?

3711466639_e9df085171.jpg

3712278974_58b6210fa3.jpg

Last edited:
I like them, good work. What lighting setup did you go with?

Thank you for your reply

I like them, good work. What lighting setup did you go with?

Im shooting through an umbrella with the sb600 off to the left side of her. it was set on manual at about 1/64 at 50mm.

not bad man..watch those shadows on the wall though

Yea one of the things I was trying to avoid. I think its time for a second flash.

Actually, you can start by moving her away from the wall. That would lessen the shadow and you wouldn't lose anything since there is nothing on the wall.

Actually, you can start by moving her away from the wall. That would lessen the shadow and you wouldn't lose anything since there is nothing on the wall.

Hmm, lol never thought of that. Thanks I'll try that.

You can do quite a bit with just one strobe. Check out the strobist site for some ideas.
Strobist

I'm sure he mentions it but foam core boards make wonderful and cheap reflectors. As I tell a lot of people, learn to use what you have and be as creative with your equipment as you are with your photos. It will save you a lot of money in the long run.

You can do quite a bit with just one strobe. Check out the strobist site for some ideas.
Strobist

I'm sure he mentions it but foam core boards make wonderful and cheap reflectors. As I tell a lot of people, learn to use what you have and be as creative with your equipment as you are with your photos. It will save you a lot of money in the long run.

Awsome read, Should keep me busy for a while thanks.

Read Lighting 101 and Lighting 102. Lighting 101 covers gear and understanding light. Lighting 102 covers the more important stuff like light position, angle, apparent light size, specular highlight control and balancing flash with ambient.

Read Lighting 101 and Lighting 102. Lighting 101 covers gear and understanding light. Lighting 102 covers the more important stuff like light position, angle, apparent light size, specular highlight control and balancing flash with ambient.

I can never get enough of reading of photograpghy! Thanks Samanax

Most reactions

Back