My Portrait Progress (3 Photos)

AgentDrex

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Haven't been here for a little bit. I still need lots of practice with portraiture. This is where I am so far. All natural lighting.

#1 - The Decaying
1017355_271286586346319_1130735167_n.jpg

1016355_281887665286211_2119007661_n.jpg

#3 - Black and White
1003264_271286579679653_564064263_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you John! Yeah...I've been having a bit of downer spell in my life but still practicing. I know the first may be a little too "stylistic" with the blocked blacks and the blown-out areas. Trying a post-processing technique I'm working on. The second one is too soft on the subject. The third I am trying in B&W in response to my buddy Jon Heller working in that color format lately. None of the eyes pop out but I find it hard to do that from so far away. I like doing full body portraits. I suppose I could try some head-shots as well. I'm going to post a couple other more recent photos and then start commenting on others to keep my quota up.

Thank you much. They should be soon. Until then, I keep practicing. Hopefully I'll start improving. I guess these are better than I usually make but still have a lot of errors to correct.

Recognizing that you're not perfect already puts you head and shoulders above a lot of "photographers" these days!

I hear that. At least before my life took a downslide, I got myself a camera, tripod, 5-1 reflector and now a radio-triggered shutter release...gives me something to keep occupied with

I really like the 1st one. The others have too many distracting elements to me. I personally like cropping pretty close to my subject, but that's just me. Good stuff. And good luck with everything else as well!

hey Drex, long time no see!
you still needing some glass?
I have an EX+ condition manual focus 75-260mm f/4.5 canon FD mount zoom lens sitting around in a box in the closet.
its a two ring twist zoom lens. everything on it works perfect, and the glass is minty. maybe the TINIEST bit of internal dust.
its yours if you want it. just PM me your name and address and ill get it out to you as soon as im not on shift.
FD-EOS adapters are cheap if you don't already have one.

Last edited:
hey Drex, long time no see!
you still needing some glass?
I have an EX+ condition manual focus 75-260mm f/4.5 canon FD mount zoom lens sitting around in a box in the closet.
its a two ring twist zoom lens. everything on it works perfect, and the glass is minty. maybe the TINIEST bit of internal dust.
its yours if you want it. just PM me your name and address and ill get it out to you as soon as im not on shift.
FD-EOS adapters are cheap if you don't already have one.

Pixmedic... you are beyond awesome.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back