My Quest, Pt II

PJM

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's a beginning! I saw two Snowy Owls today, both about 250-300 meters away. These photos are heavily cropped so they are not the best.

1 The first, early afternoon, under clouds.
Snowy by Peter Martin, on Flickr

2 The second, same conditions as first.
Snowy-2 by Peter Martin, on Flickr

3 The first again, later in the afternoon, clearing skies
Snowy-3 by Peter Martin, on Flickr

Congrats! I have yet to see one. Occasionally they do make it to my area. Someday...sigh

Sweet! Congrats on getting these! I have been avoiding bird photography because of the size of the equipment needed but I love looking! Parker River? Today I saw this on Instagram! Seriously with the size of these lenses why do they need to be so close and disturb the birds? The post is from mondvi60 and there are a lot of comments about the way photographers are forcing the snowiest to change their locations, possibly endangering them. It’s a shame that so many can’t respect nature and keep their distance.

not my photo
C7FB4306-BAAB-4A0A-ADE2-7D5694BD9AD2.jpeg

Sweet! Congrats on getting these! I have been avoiding bird photography because of the size of the equipment needed but I love looking! Parker River? Today I saw this on Instagram! Seriously with the size of these lenses why do they need to be so close and disturb the birds? The post is from mondvi60 and there are a lot of comments about the way photographers are forcing the snowiest to change their locations, possibly endangering them. It’s a shame that so many can’t respect nature and keep their distance.

not my photo
View attachment 201779
These were taken in the Parker River Sanctuary on Plum Island.

And I completely agree about getting too close. Those in that photograph certainly seem to be. I've read a few articles on the ethics of wildlife photography lately that share the do's and don'ts. Hopefully more and more photographers will read them. Long lens or not there is a strong temptation to get that close-up. I'm sure some of the photographers just don't understand while others are just compelled regardless of their impact.

Most reactions

Back