mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
63csyh5.jpg
So this is black and white.... I will take the hit on anything but if I had to ask opinions on one thing it would be does pano seem to be the best fit for this. or should I have chopped it somewhere.

Do your darndest.

Keep the panoramic.

Keep the pano. And IIRC, you've shot this bldg before?

Just my opinion, my eye spends a lot of time on this picture, looking for something to "look at". My eyes tend to focus on the man fishing on the left, and on the family on the right, ignoring the structures. I tried several crops, (mostly focusing on fishing guy), and none seemed quite right. I actually like the subtle "tone" (ok, gray scale) variations on the shed, and the guy fishing seems to tell a story, so that's probably why I'm focusing more over there.

What bothers me is the sky.... It's just one white mass.

I think the pano is the only way to fly here... There is no actual sky to highlight any cloud formations, and the pier line offers a flow..

""" I will take the hit on anything "" ( Quote )

I feel as a black and white this isn't working... sky is gone, and tree line center frame is to black... as a B+W it lacks contrast..

It has the feel to me of a color shot gone bad, and thinking that a B+W was a cure...

I also think the feeling you get of this being two separate shots ( Two Pictures In One ) comes from the fact that you centered a light pole, running vertical, dead center in the frame... this definitely gives that illusion...

You might be right about both....

The black and white is film so there is no color to save. lol.

Thanks for the composition advice that may well be the problem.

By the way it was an overcast day if memory serves me. So the sky is representative of the day. Again though, I can see how judging it on its own merits, regardless of the excuses would lead one to see that. The image has to stand on it's own no excuses. So I offer none.

What bothers me is the sky.... It's just one white mass.

That's exactly what I was going to say. I'm not a big fan of the bland white sky in this one. If you can go back, I'd wait for a day that has some interesting clouds just to give it that extra pop.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back