My website

TCUphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'd like to get some opinions on my very first website/blog before I share it with friends and family. I'm not finished with the blog postings, still have some family sessions, weddings, children to post before it goes public, but you can get the general concept.

Anyways, looking forward to your feedback and any recommendations. Thanks!! :)

Coco Belle Photography » St. Louis area professional portraiture

I'd give it a 6.9 out of 10. It's clean, seems to be mobile device friendly, and provides all the needed information. On the down side it's kind of generic and doesn't have any real "wow" factor to it so if I were casually shopping around for a photographer I'd probably not remember your site.Ultimately in my opinion a photographers website should be clean/easy/fast and memorable. It's tough to achieve this as it seems a lot go way overboard by using Flash (which I wish would die a slow painful death) and/or bizzare layouts that are overly confusing.

On the down side it's kind of generic and doesn't have any real "wow" factor to it

I would have to agree with this. The layout is an older, conventional one fit for text entries. I found the scrolling down and waiting for the photos to load a bit cumbersome. If you have noticed around the web, "photo blogs" usually have a different design that makes good use of thumbnails so users can directly click on a photo they are interested in without having to wait for all others to load. I would suggest a different theme or blogging platform (one that is more "photo friendly") when you decide to make a layout update.

If you are using wordpress, install the plugin "NextGen Gallery". It will thumbnail, categorize, and let you add tags to your pictures. When a user clicks a picture it will open up larger in a lightbox. It will make your site much faster.

I also think your site is kinda average. A different template and a little html knowledge will go a long way. If you know some html you can get into the files and customize the colors, font, etc. to your liking.

Most reactions

Back