My Weekly Themed Sketch and Other Art Works

So how long did it take to sketch this?
Maybe 20 minutes. I had to wait for yellow to dry on the old bay can before I could go in with red and blue. If you look in the box corner, you can see a little smudge.

A Jumble of String. Bluish-green and and black ink; maybe a trace of brown. Water washes over cross-hatching in the blue, the black line work done after the wash. I did most of this one in the minor emergency exam room with MLW.

fpn-weekly-sketch-10_24295618445_o
by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

Yes, it is. Crumple-up paper is also a challenge with the many shapes and tones.

Was/is the green there, or is the green your own invention.

(Everytime I see your sketches I am envious. But just no time and most likely no talent. I want to do what you do.)

The real background is not green; the walls are off-white. I wanted some color and the green ink bottle was the closest one.

Thank you. The sandwich was better.

I like meatballs

I missed last weekend due to being in Portland, ME, so here's something appropriate (no, not a Lobstah). The theme was "something with a zipper" so I picked a gym bag. Washes with line details - Cross Black and one of the brighter reds I have - I don't recall which.

scan0030.jpg
by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

I'm getting close to the end of the pile so I'll spend this weekend drawing some things.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back