My X-T3 has landed!

You do realize that based on the forum rules that this is the camera that is now up for sale.
I'll give you $50 CAD for it !!! ... including shipping.:1219:

BTW, did you take images of the T20 with this T3 ... cause there is a major purplienessness going on with the images in that post.

BTW, did you take images of the T20 with this T3 ... cause there is a major purplienessness going on with the images in that post.

Yeah I noticed that problem. I’m looking into it. Those photos were taken with this x-t3 and the 90 f/2. Shot in JPEG with Velvia sim.

They were also quickly enhanced with my iPhone using the editing options in the photos app. That made it look worse than it is.

Looking at the photos I took, it only occurred after I switched the film simulation to velvia.

Not sure if the auto white balance just got it wrong or what, but I’ll be keeping an eye on it.

Ohhh...that's interesting. I SAW those for sale photos earlier tonight, and they were SO purple-tinged that I assumed you had done some kind of color-tinting for a theatrical,. eye-catching,gonna-make-my-for-sale-pictures-look-different, kind of look.

Wondering what the heck is going on with the sensor or white balance system? Wondering if there's an issue with blacks that render as purple, which was a Nikon D70 problem at one time, and a $7999 Leica problem; both camera models rendered some black objects a rather purple-tinged color. I had a D70 (I still own it,actually) that would,on some black synthetic material, render them a purple-tinged hue that was NOT black.

Ohhh...that's interesting. I SAW those for sale photos earlier tonight, and they were SO purple-tinged that I assumed you had done some kind of color-tinting for a theatrical,. eye-catching,gonna-make-my-for-sale-pictures-look-different, kind of look.

Wondering what the heck is going on with the sensor or white balance system? Wondering if there's an issue with blacks that render as purple, which was a Nikon D70 problem at one time, and a $7999 Leica problem; both camera models rendered some black objects a rather purple-tinged color. I had a D70 (I still own it,actually) that would,on some black synthetic material, render them a purple-tinged hue that was NOT black.

I don’t think that’s it. If you look at those photos, the worst of the purple appears in the picnic table below the camera. It isn’t just blacks.

And my other test photos look fine, as do the photos taken in the “standard” film simulation.

I’ll do some testing tomorrow to see if I can replicate it.

Can a mod please move this to the proper forum? Accidentally posted in the wrong one.

You do realize that based on the forum rules that this is the camera that is now up for sale.
I'll give you $50 CAD for it !!! ... including shipping.:1219:
$40 USD (that should be a little more than the CADs) and I'll come to you to pick it up.

Just got an email from Jessops saying my silver X-T3 & black XF 50mm f2 will be in store later this week :)

Most reactions

Back