my in-laws are in their 60s. they still like physical photos. my wife had some printed online and mailed to them.
my mother is in her 50s. she gave me her digital photo frame. she prints her digital photos and puts them in albums still. she liked the photo frame, it's just not very good quality.
and I'm in my 20s. I really dislike dedicated digital photo frames. I have framed prints of mine put up in our house. better quality
actually want an ipad as it would be multi-use for photos plus other stuff. We have iphones, I want a tablet in general and the ipad would make use of our existing expense on apps.
I can see him liking it if he appreciated technology. my grandmother's sister's second husband loves technology of any kind, he's in his 80s. he has more computers than me! but as mentioned already, be prepared to be the only one to add photos to it