N80 vs. D40

Yeah but when first starting out..

80 bucks vs 800 for a digital slr d80 cause the d40 is :|

I think it is *much* easier to learn photography with digital. I think the instant feedback is priceless. Only when (if) I get competent would I consider getting a film camera! :)

Yeah but when first starting out..

80 bucks vs 800 for a digital slr d80 cause the d40 is :|

Photography can be money earner or pure hobby that generates fun. The majority of today's pro are from the film era, that is why we still encounters the mentioned of films so often. If you are one of todays younger generation than you should not go to that era at all.

If you like to spend $80 for the sake of curiosity that is fine, as long as you have that money. But if you are on tight budget just hold on until you can afford the cheapest digital on the market.

Be patient, patience is beutiful and rewarding most of the time. While yu waiting you just read and post here.

I think it is *much* easier to learn photography with digital. I think the instant feedback is priceless. Only when (if) I get competent would I consider getting a film camera! :)

No, I think you get far too many people who take 100 pictures and out of 100 they get one great picture from pure luck. Film forces you to learn settings and getting the shot right the first time.

Also, it is only $80.00 bucks you can put the lenses you buy for the film body onto a digital.

Thanks everyone for all the input. And don't worry passerby I am thinking it over for a little while. My plan is to just keep using the one I am barrowing for a little longer. My friend said to keep her N80 as long as I need to, to decide. If I were to go with a digital is the Nikon D40 a good camera to start with or should I be saving for something a little nicer?

Thanks again everyone.

Most reactions

Back