Naked Trees

emptypockets

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One of the scenic places I frequent was flooded this past week. The reflections of the trees on the water was a cool effect, so I snapped some shots of it.

trees3-1.jpg

trees4-1.jpg

trees5-1.jpg

I like how the tree spans from the lower left to the upper right of the picture in this shot.
trees2-1.jpg

This is my favorite of the series, but it took the most editing. In the original, there was a branch in front of the other trees that basically ruined the shot. With a little cloning and editing with PSE 6, I was able to get rid of it. Because of that branch, the focus is a little off in this one.
floodreflections-1.jpg

As always, C&C welcomed.

To me the scenes are way to busy with sticks and twigs everywhere. Its hard to tell what the subject of the shot is. As for the last one I do not like how it is out of focus, try going back to that spot early in the morning or late in the afternoon. The midday light you were working with does not do much for the shots.

The one that ended up being your personal favourite suffers a lot (to my mind) from the fact that it has this huge amount of shake. I see why the crossed lines of the leaning trunks were ever so appealing, but the technical flaw "kills" it for me, in a way...

And they could all do with a mild dose of post processing, at least some play with the levels. They are quite "pale" or "milky", and a shift of the lever to up the shadows would do "wonders".

For in general I like your motif. We have lots of flooded areas round here, too, and I am partial to those kinds of "part-time swamps" and the reflections offered.

Most reactions

Back