NamDu island - The island of paradise.

Lane N

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.exploringmekong.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's called NamDu island which is located 120km from KienGiang province, Mekong-delta,Vietnam. It is very near to PhuQuoc Island, the biggest Island in Vietnam, is also known as the island of paradise. But the different between PhuQuoc and NamDu is; PhuQuoc is being devoted to tourists day by day and many people go to visit this island, and there are no tourist to NamDu Island, not many people know this place and I also didn't known about the island although I live in KienGiang till my friend told me about it, and I decided to explore it in the last two years ago.
In the first time when I got there I really was surprised by many new things I ever saw before. There were no hotels, nor restaurants, so I hired a motocycle river to get to NamDu's lighhouse, locating on the top of NamDu mountain, and ask to stay there one or two nights, and the answer was yes. Then I began to explore the Island, where I would love to visit almost later.
As you know that there are 21 Islands and Islets in there, I decided my trip by hiring a boat and started to explore each of them. It was a bigest and greatest trip I ever had, visited Ngang islet and bought some seafoods then continued to get to Mau islet where there is the most beautiful beach in KienGiang (and maybe Vietnam); I met some local fishermen, inviting them to join with me eating the seafood on the white sand beach. Then enjoined to swim and fishing with them. They invited me to stay at their houses so I said yes. But I didn't sleep in their houses, I slep on the white sand beach instead. Can you imagine that they sleep without closing their doors?
It was a great trip ever and I haven't stopped visiting there since then; the perfect place for swimming, snorkeling,canoeing,fishing,exploring and photography. The big problem to foreginers maybe the lack of english and you need to ask for staying; and there are no tourist to get there also. When I posted my Namdu's pictures there were many people asked me how to get there and how it is. I think this inofrmation would helpful for you and if you need someone to go with you dont hesitate to send me an email

5341815932_94e432e99d_b.jpg

That's paradise! I wanna just jump in that crystal clear ocean water :)

I hope that when I come back to VN it is't over run with tourists due to the popularity of your photos! :D

I was very impressed by the hospitality of the people of VN everywhere I visited. I have traveled quite a bit in my life but never did I feel so welcome by the people of any land as much as I did in Vietnam.

My wife is a Viet national so traveling in country was easy and a lot cheaper ;) I cannot wait to return and see more of Vietnam!

Wish I were there instead of in this snow and ice!

Most reactions

Back