What's new

Natalie

thebeatles

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
800
Reaction score
1
Location
pennsylvania
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took a picture of the singer of one of my bands today. Let me know what you don't like about it and how I can improve. :thumbup: We were originally going to turn this into mug shot, but she didn't look pissed off enough. :lol:

13513535.jpg


Thanks for looking! :D
 
hmm, needs cropping, lighting is all wrong, did you use a flash? w/diffuser?
 
hmm, needs cropping, lighting is all wrong, did you use a flash? w/diffuser?

Yes I did use a flash with a diffuser. My friend was holding it towards her from camera left. Do you have any tips on how I could improve on lighting in this situation? Here is another take of that photo I had, is this better as far as cropping goes? Thanks for the feedback!


53635825.jpg
 
She has gorgeous eyes. Try not to obscure them with her glasses.
 
She has gorgeous eyes. Try not to obscure them with her glasses.

Good point. :thumbup: I didn't even notice that the frame covered part of her eyes until you mentioned it. Thanks for the advice! :D
 
It looks as thought the light is below her eye level and pretty far left. You can tell from the shadows cast from her furry collar on her neck and the hot spot on her cheek.

I would try bringing the light a little more around towards the front (not directly in front) and fire it from above down a bit (again, not straight down). Top down can look more natural and casts more flattering shadows.
 
It looks as thought the light is below her eye level and pretty far left. You can tell from the shadows cast from her furry collar on her neck and the hot spot on her cheek.

I would try bringing the light a little more around towards the front (not directly in front) and fire it from above down a bit (again, not straight down). Top down can look more natural and casts more flattering shadows.

Awesome advice! This is what I was looking for. Thanks! :thumbup:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom