Nautical Skyline...

inshaala

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
album.cogia.net
Hey,
I am new here and thought i would post a hello thread and show you what i took a photo of the other day...
This is something i would normally take a shot of, however it seems like it is different to what has come before. Thanks for any comments, praise or criticisms, the latter is encouraged.

Rusty%20Bollard2_lq.jpg

Hallo inshaala, and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
This is a good photo! Thank you for bringing this along as your introductory photo. The blue of the sky and the deep rust red of the ... what is the word for these in English? ... are such a nice contrast. And your focus us good, the texture of the rust comes out nicely, nice DOF (depth of field) chosen ... I just imagine you lying flat on your stomach there for this photo :D.

Welcome to the forum. That's a nice first picture! Good DOF and good contrast. Is it a bollard? (Metal cleat to which big ships tie a line)

Thanks for comments, i am really just starting out (only been doing this properly for about 6 months). Recently purchased a 30D and now everything screams out to be taken when i walk down the street :)

Yes it is a bollard / cleat or whatever they are called. Probs about 20cm high. Luckily i didnt have to lay flat on my stomach for the shot - it was on the outer wall of the harbour ;)

that shot really plays with your preceptions....that cleat thingy could be 2 cm high or 2 meters high...i like it

Very good, love the bright colours

Welcome to the forum. Nice work here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back