Need a camera bag to hold lots of stuff

iPhoto17

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm going to Virginia in September and I don't have a proper camera bag that fits like a backpack, I'm planning on bringing 2 of my cameras and up to 6 lenses, is there also a bag that can hold 3 cameras? 2 SLR and 1 DSLR and up to 9 lenses (6 lenses since each camera always has a lens attached to it

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
How much equipment do you have that Tatt? I know where my bonus check is going, but thats not until November

I use a Tamrac Expedition 6. With that i can get two bodies, 70-200 F2.8 vrII, and several other lenses, flashguns, etc. Plus a 17"laptop.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

When I absolutely must carry everything, it goes in the LowePro Vertex 300AW. This bag fits so much that when full, you have to stand it upright on a table and back into it. :lol:

How much equipment do you have that Tatt? I know where my bonus check is going, but thats not until November

In mine, I carry 2 DSLRs, Could Easily hold a third body with some configuring of the compartments, 2 flashes (SB-700). 1 ring flash, A CN-160 LED panel (small) a 35mm, 50mm, 11-14, 28-80, 28-125, 125-500, extension tubes, a set of pocket wizards, 10inch tablet for shooting tethered, remote, and misc stuff (back up cards, batteries, filters, collapsible round flash diffuser, notebook) and tripod. that's the bulk of it, but I actually have room for more if need be.

I'll keep that and the Tamrac in mind when it's time to do some shopping, I should've picked one up when Wolf Camera was going out of business, I did pick up a nice tripod though, should've gotten a bag when they were 75% off

I'll keep that and the Tamrac in mind when it's time to do some shopping, I should've picked one up when Wolf Camera was going out of business, I did pick up a nice tripod though, should've gotten a bag when they were 75% off

I didn't get THAT great a deal, but payed about $100 less than retail, new. 75% of retail would have been stellar.

If you're flying, I wouldn' DREAM of carrying that much gear unless it was in an airline-compatible, crush-proof, very well padded, case. So, if you really want to carry that much gear, plan on getting/borrowing such a case, When I fly, if I can't carry my gear on board, it doesn't go. So I limit myself to 1 body and 3 lenses.

On the other hand, if you are driving, consider getting a sufficiently large rolling suitcase and several appropriate camera bag liners to put in it. I use a smallish, rectangular 'gym bag' with 3 zipper pockets from Walmart with an insert to safely carry what I need on a shoot-by-shoot basis - 1 body, 1 flash, 3 lenses + miscellaneous. I'm thinking that could be 'scaled up' to carry significantly more if needed.

Yeah, I'm driving, when I fly I just bring my D3000 and it's 3 lenses as in it's camera bag as a carry on so I can keep close watch of it

What about Insurance in case something happens to your bag while the airport/airline has it.

John.

You could also look at the ThinkTank Streetwalker HD. Fantastic bag.

You think choosing a lens or a camera is a hard thing? Camera bags are much, much harder to get the one you will like.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back