Need a portable, compact strobe w/ HSS and ~400w/s

"...pricing information available at a later date." I'm guessing they had to import a few more zeros? Looks sweet, but I'm guessing the price? Probably right around $OUCH.00!

You may well be right, however you must admit it fits you criteria pretty darn well.

Duct Tape several SB-800s together :allteeth:

You may well be right, however you must admit it fits you criteria pretty darn well.
It does... From my OP:
I've looked at the Elinchrom Quadra Ranger HS, which has plenty of oomph, but the footprint is a little larger than I would like ('though I could live with it), it's also a bit pricey.

It does... From my OP:
I've looked at the Elinchrom Quadra Ranger HS, which has plenty of oomph, but the footprint is a little larger than I would like ('though I could live with it), it's also a bit pricey.

I have spent over an hour trying to locate your item. I so wanted to help you in the worst way, because you have been a huge help to me. I am stumped. I actually spent an additional hour looking up the current search techniques. I may be defeated but I can't wait to post some tired iron for my brother whom is cool beans.

Brown Line D604 power supply lists the "old" standard, non-grid-capable 11.5 inch, 65-degree beam spread reflector as their "Standard Reflector", and cites a GN of 64 in Feet at 100 ISO with a mere 37.5 Watt-seconds run through an M-11 flash head. This is a large, volumnous reflector bowl, with fairly high polishing, but no faceting, and is NOT a "mirror finish" type internal finish as are some of the new MIC reflectors.

A picture from a cheap cellphone being worth 857 words...View attachment 135450

ummmm.... light-bulb turns on in head. Slap + Derrel

Excellent info men. oh, slap John now... edit... forget it, john likes it

I have no idea what the slap comment means. As far as pure power for low money the d604 seems to be a good candidate. This was never very popular and so the resale value on these is very low on eBay. Of course this is old technology flash gear, so high speed sync is completely out of the question.

It does... From my OP:

I have spent over an hour trying to locate your item. I so wanted to help you in the worst way, because you have been a huge help to me. I am stumped. I actually spent an additional hour looking up the current search techniques. I may be defeated but I can't wait to post some tired iron for my brother whom is cool beans.
QUADRA HS HEAD - PR

I have no idea what the slap comment means. As far as pure power for low money the d604 seems to be a good candidate. This was never very popular and so the resale value on these is very low on eBay. Of course this is old technology flash gear, so high speed sync is completely out of the question.
I think a 604 is the only pack I don't have, but I do want the HSS for this particular project.

I looked at a Quadra pack earlier on-line, 6.6 pounds, with battery (3.7 lbs pack-only), and that new HSS-capable Quadra flash head was a mere .67 pounds, so nice and fairly light, as far as that type of gear goes. Not sure if the older Ranger packs work with the HSS flash head.

Wondering about astro's suggestion of ganging three SB-800 units...

Most reactions

Back