need a poster printing service

RockstarPhotography

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm getting away from my usual routine and decided to start specializing in band photography since it puts my 2 passions, music and photography into one. I'm looking for a printing service for posters that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. They don't have to be high quality prints, just band posters that can be put up around venues and maybe for the band to sign and give out/sell.

personally, i use costco for my personal prints. they have a 30x20 poster size. its fast, easy, and cheap. i'm not sure how many you're planning to print though.

Costco is photo print. It is not really a poster. If you want cheap poster, you need to buy a lot if copies. If you only need a few, then costo it is.

Can you find a local printer that will do bulk posters for cheaper?

Welcome back, btw. I just saw your other post, but I didn't want to bump it. :sexywink:

I use mpix for my normal printing, but were talking like 50+ posters. I finally found a site called shortrunposters. I can get 18x24 posters there for 2.97. Probably go that route. I will check into a local printer too. Thanks for the welcome back to e.rose, I almost didn't come back at all because I felt pretty dumb for my drunken rampage. Thats why I quit drinking like that, I can't handle myself.

I use mpix for my normal printing, but were talking like 50+ posters. I finally found a site called shortrunposters. I can get 18x24 posters there for 2.97. Probably go that route. I will check into a local printer too.

The main cost in offset printing is in setting up the job and the more the colors, the more expensive it gets. For color posters you would do at the very least four color printing and unless you print at least 1000 units, you will find it quite expensive. If you visit a local printer, ask if they have a large print color printer and see what that would run you.

A local printer may be more expensive than one you find on the internet but it might be worth it to start a relationship; For potential future jobs. I like to spend my money locally but it is also that I find it a lot easier to control the jobs when I can actually be with the printer when the job is being set up.

There is alot of them online but im pretty sure you can find a local print business that does it for really cheap. i use a local business. i never had to really print posters for a client but i printed one with one of my pictures just to try it, it was less than 5 bucks.

$5 is expensive you know. I think the OP is talking about posters that yout put everywhere (on walls, bulletin board, music stores, etc.). I dont think you want to spend $5 for every poster you put up unless your name is Bono.

I'd hate to say it but 2400 walmart stores in the states have been setup with freative poster printers, the new Z3200's can print anything up to 24x64 banners. Ofcourse your regular 24x36 as well anything you can think of this printer can do it.

I've had good luck with 4over4.com They are a gang run 4 color process printer. Another option would be places like Staples or Kinkos (I think they are all called FEdEx Office now) Usually anything lower than 1000 is considered a "short run" Short Runs are often printed digitally so there is little to no set up. But digital prints can cost more per poster. The places you find on the internet are cheaper because they are running your job with a bunch of others on an offset printer which is cheaper for them to print on and there is no color correction. What they can get you on is shipping. Shipping posters can be pretty pricey which is why it is VERY good to have a relationship with a local printer. Besides would you as a fan want to spend $20 or even $10 on a cheap looking, badly printed poster?

most of the posters would be used like Schwettylens said. hanging on walls, poster boards, telephone poles, etc. to promote their shows. I've set up a simple poster in photoshop with smart objects so band members, venues, dates, etc can be changed fast and easy. I'm not sure how many they will want printed, but they have at least 10 people that will be handing out and hanging these things up. So even at 5 bucks each that would get super expensive. The actual band poster that they would sign for fans would be different. They just want mass copies cheap as "throw away" promotion items.

Most reactions

Back