Need a program for my scanner.

KooK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.volk-tech.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did some research awhile back on decent scanners and I lost all my links. I recently purchased an Epson V600 as a low budget option to get my feet wet with a flat bed scanner and I remember back when I was researching that the program that comes with these scanners is junk for scanning negatives and the like. What would you guys recommend or what do you use as a program to transfer images from something like this?

Thanks!

You mean the driver/interface? The Epson software is pretty good actually. If you are just learning to scan it's all you need.

I've been giving the Epson software a shot and great news, I've found I need to study a lot more before I can make anything that looks even half decent with this thing :er:.

Fun toy though, I shall have many months of entertainment with this thing.

The Epson software does a good job, but after you try VueScan you may never go back to using the Epson software. VueScan gives you much more control over the final image. You can adjust curves and/or histograms, color balance, film type, get more shadow detail by using multi pass scanning, save RAW files and much more.

There is a little learning curve with VueScan, but there is a self guided mode (or something similar) to get you started. I find that the Auto color/exposure setting is pretty good and gives an excellent starting point.

I agree and the Vuescan software is compatable with nearly all scanners.I have been using it for years.Ron G

Most reactions

New Topics

Back