What's new

Need Advice - Considering Switching fro Sony to Nikon

The 24-70mm is a honker of a lens.

Wow, just went and looked up the size of it. You're right!

The Minolta I carry now is less than a pound and about 4.5 inches. The Nikon is 2 lbs and 9 inches! Not sure I want to carry something that size as my general purpose lens!
 
How do you tell is the Sigma lens is for DX or FX?
 
Or you could just get a 24mm a 35mm and a105mm macro. A belt pack and you are good to go. Any distortion is easily taken care of in Capture NX2, another wise purchase if you go to Nikon. ;)
 
Of course another option is for me to get the 24-70 Sigma and the Nikon 70-200mm. The 70-200mm is the lens I use mostly for my Pow Wow work. The other one is mainly for general use.

If Pow Wow work pays the bills and that is where you need the 70-200 then I'd say your decision is simple. You can still get a very decent Nikkor 35-70 f2.8 as your general use lens for not a lot of money. Just saw one a few days ago in really good shape for $400 and it came with attached F4s.
 
Of course another option is for me to get the 24-70 Sigma and the Nikon 70-200mm. The 70-200mm is the lens I use mostly for my Pow Wow work. The other one is mainly for general use.

If Pow Wow work pays the bills and that is where you need the 70-200 then I'd say your decision is simple. You can still get a very decent Nikkor 35-70 f2.8 as your general use lens for not a lot of money. Just saw one a few days ago in really good shape for $400 and it came with attached F4s.
What's an f4s?
 
Have you tried the Sony A850 or A900 full frame 24mp
 
Have you tried the Sony A850 or A900 full frame 24mp
Considered it. But I've heard bad things about the 900.

DPReview -
It's capable of stunning results at up to ISO 400

And I need higher iso.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom