Need Advice Feeler: Nikon D90, Tamron 18-270, Nikon AF 60 F2.8 + LOTS MORE

cameramike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedifilippo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am setting up a feeler thread for my girlfriends gear. She is switching and I want to see what the best route will be to sell her gear.
All equipment has been used but has been cared for and has no noticeable scratches or blemishes.
Buyer pays real shipping.

Package 1
Nikon D90 W/ Grip
2 batteries
Tamron 18-270
$1200

Package 2
Nikon D40
Nikon 18-55 (no VR)
Nikon 55-200 (no VR)
$500

Package 3
SB-900
$400

Last edited:
I would stick to Forums. Craigslist is full of scammers for every legit offer or intrest email you receive, you will receive 10 scammers, its soooo annoying, Ebay is a good option but their fees are getting ridiculous between ebay listing, final value, Paypal Fees and your shipping costs you loose about 18% its crazy. Try listing it on Ebay and ask $100.00 over what you want to clear, At that point it's worth it. Forums are a great network for selling your gear, but you will generally end up selling for a bit lower then what you are asking, Everyone is always looking for a better deal thru forums. (knowing that you don't have a ton of fees to deal with, they are looking for that as a savings for them) Good Luck with the sales.
Fitz

Definitely stick to the forums, may take a bit longer to sell, but it'd be worth it. And how are you selling all of this? And I mean, D90 with lenses, all Seperate, etc. that would help with pricing it. Good luck!

Thanks guys, I'd love to sell it all to one person, just to make it simpler. She's switching to Canon and needs as much money as possible to put towards a new setup. She's thinking about keeping the macro for now and getting an adapter. So lets so all of that minus the macro as a package, or perhaps 2 packages one w the d90 one w the d40.

I see how that would be ideal now, but I think selling a D90 package might be a harder sell than breaking it up. IMO, there's more people out there looking for a single piece of glass or single body than dropping 1K+ unless they're already a serious photographer and really want it. So I would say package 1: D90, batteries, memory cards. 2: Tamron 18-270. 3: Lensbaby 4: D40, 18-55, 55-200. Hope that helps a little bit.

Edit: Especially with a D90, you might be looking for people who want a good body to start with over good glass. Or photographer looking for a backup body which will already have the glass.

Posted pricing, would love some feedback. I did prices based off of what everything costs new. I think they are fair and good deals let me know though.

Not a problem, always willing to help!

Now, do you know the count on the D90 and does it have the box, etc.?

What brand grip on the D90?

grip is the authentic nikon grip. I'll have to ask if she still has the box and i'll have to grab one of her last pictures to see the count.

cameramike said:
grip is the authentic nikon grip. I'll have to ask if she still has the box and i'll have to grab one of her last pictures to see the count.

Pictures?

Once we decide to start selling pictures and indepth info will be posted, right now im trying to get an idea of how these prices are.

cameramike said:
Once we decide to start selling pictures and indepth info will be posted, right now im trying to get an idea of how these prices are.

I thought because you put prices you were a serious seller. Nevermind.

I recently tried selling a DSLR body with 3 lenses as one big package. After about a month I had zero bites. I was selling on forums, Ebay and craigslist. After separating all of them everything was gone within a week. Just a thought from someone whose been where you are.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back