What's new

Need any advice or opinions :D

dezzyrawrz

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 14, 2013
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
mckeesport
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Could I get some opinions and advice on my photographs i have taken, I'm very new at photography :D


telephone pole
#1
$DSCN1659 - Copy.webp


Ceiling design
#2
$DSCN1120 - Copy.webp
 
You need to start looking for more interesting subjects. There's nothing to gain from looking at a telephone pole. I see them all the time. Just my $0.02
 
Of the three, the first two are not very interesting. The dog is too centered. He should be to the right side of the frame so that it appears that he would have somewhere to go if he decided to get up and leave. Try using the 'rule of thirds'. Divide the frame into thirds and then place the main part of the subject along the line between two of the thirds. The eyes should be facing the side with more space. The same can be used for a lot of subjects. Cars and people/animals need to have some place to go so that the picture shwos them going somewhere even if they are standing still.
 
These images are all very grey and visually flat.

All of them have a certain graphical appeal, I think you're pretty good at finding things to put in the frame, and at putting them there. They are all, essentially, abstracts, which isn't a bad thing, just an observation. If you make some adjustments to the tones within the images, I think you'll like them better. The ceiling design is begging to be made more white and contrasty, in my opinion, as is the picture of dried plants against the wall. Just as a for instance.
 
I took Earlier this morning

#1
$DSCN1867.webp

#2
$DSCN1914.webp


#3
$DSCN1931.webp
 
oh i did not know that i'll try to keep them in the ones i have without adding anymore threads, Sorry I am new to the whole forum thing my boyfriend suggested it.
 
You need to start looking for more interesting subjects. There's nothing to gain from looking at a telephone pole. I see them all the time. Just my $0.02


I disagree. I think there CAN be something to be gained from looking at a telephone pole, or any other "mundane" item that we see all the time. The trick is to see it in a new way, to find something interesting in it that perhaps others miss.
If all you do is take a picture of the telephone pole, yes, most people will not be very captivated by it. But that wasn't the poor telephone pole's fault. :lol:

I think you are "seeing" interesting things, you just need to learn how to compose and translate what you see into an effective photograph. And that takes time.

The close-up of the turtle = Win. I love that one!

As with the burn barrel, the photo of the telephone pole has some interesting elements to it. But as it is, it is clearly "just" a telephone" pole. I *think* from looking at it that what probably attracted you was the lines and angles of the wires. So turn it into more of an abstract, which is ALL about lines, color and form. Here's a "for instance:"

$DSCN1659 - Copy.webp
 
I will mention that posting images in multiple threads is frowned upon.

oh i did not know that i'll try to keep them in the ones i have without adding anymore threads, Sorry I am new to the whole forum thing my boyfriend suggested it.

Creating new threads for NEW images is perfectly fine, although you'll want to limit the number of new threads you create on a daily basis, or you'll really limit the number of responses you get. What Hugh is getting at is that some of these images were already posted in one of your previous threads. If you're going to start a new thread, don't put pictures in it you've already posted.
 
i like what you showed me with the telephone wire i might have to take a new picture of it :P

also i am glad the turtle close up got a win for you i tried hard to get it perfect but he loves to move a lot and for a turtle he can certainly move quick :P
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom