Need C & C on my kitten picture

sojourn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want to know if the composition is good, or should it be cropped differently (it is not cropped at all at this point) .

This kitten is very photogenic, he doesn't like the camera much, however, hence the wild look in his eyes.

4391565002_f50cbdea9e.jpg

Well if it were me, I'd crop out the cat's back side a bit so the head is in the bottom-left "square". (rule o' thirds)

I do like the detail in the eyes though. :thumbup:

I would shoot wider next time to help get the ears in the shot. After that you can crop however you want. Kind of like the "Measure twice cut once" rule.

I would shoot wider next time to help get the ears in the shot. After that you can crop however you want. Kind of like the "Measure twice cut once" rule.

+1

+1

:wink: Point well taken. Jasper was feisty and wasn't holding still! Most of the rest of my images of the moment are blurry. Maybe I will take some time to clone that ear tip. I haven't had a good touch-up challenge in a while.

Jasper looks cool! I agree with the wider shot concept, it's nice to see all of his ears. Personally, I think this shot would make a nice black and white photo. ;)

OK, a little bit of cloning and cropping and, violá, my wildman kitten touched up!

4393655356_100d5f550d.jpg

Nicely done!

Jasper looks cool! I agree with the wider shot concept, it's nice to see all of his ears. Personally, I think this shot would make a nice black and white photo. ;)

I've not done any black and white photography, so your comment made me do a bit of thinking...here is Jasper in B&W (he is already a monochrome kitty!) with just a bit of contrast in his eyes to make them stand out:

4395609346_94af7d1dc0.jpg

Most reactions

Back