Need Cannadian online store?

Mi6

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need address from some online store in Canada for photo equipment with good prices.
Thanks in advance.

I'm from Europe, but soon I'm going to friend in Toronto.

Vistek is very nice and professional, but I wouldn't call it cheap. You're overpaying comparing to BH.

If you're planning to buy lots of gear you can ship the thing from the states. www.bhphotovideo.com Otherwise canada is quite expensive. Henrys is insanely overpriced.

I know that McBain in Edmonton has a price match policy. They say that they will match the price of anything sold in an actual store in Canada. This does not include web based, or mail order stores. They have free shipping in Canada for any order over $1000 (I think).

Canadian prices mostly suck compared to the States, and they are especially ridiculous with the current exchange rate. Sometimes it is cheaper to order an expensive item from out of province because of the savings in PST (I got my 30D from BC), but for the most part it is much cheaper to just buy from B&H. If you are able to claim back the sales tax, you may be able to find a deal somewhere.

Thanks guys,
I know that USA prices are lowest that prices in Canada. And I also know about B&H. They are the bigest. But I'm afraid that I will must pay customs and other taxes if I buy some cameras or equipment from USA (to Canada).

Mi6 said:
Thanks guys,
I know that USA prices are lowest that prices in Canada. And I also know about B&H. They are the bigest. But I'm afraid that I will must pay customs and other taxes if I buy some cameras or equipment from USA (to Canada).
There is no customs on photo equipment.

If/when you order, you should ship FedEx or USPS. Never UPS. You will be charged max of five bucks for duty/handling and the 15% tax.

UPS will charge you a huge processing fee equalling to half of the cost of your order. Other than that - the US/Canada customs are cool.

DocFrankenstein said:
There is no customs on photo equipment.

If/when you order, you should ship FedEx or USPS. Never UPS. You will be charged max of five bucks for duty/handling and the 15% tax.

UPS will charge you a huge processing fee equalling to half of the cost of your order. Other than that - the US/Canada customs are cool.

I ordered about $2200 USD in equipment from B&H and did not pay any duty I just had to pay the GST when they delivered it. I had priced it out in Canada and it would have cost me about $3500 CDN. Even with exchange and shipping I saved alot of money.

I'm not so sure about the no customs dues on photo equipment.

I ordered about $200 USD in equipment from Adorama a few months ago and when it got here I had to pay like $25 CDN in customs dues. It was still cheaper then buying it in Canada though...

If the item is imported or chemicals you might have to pay more than the GST, it really depends on the item.
I had ordered an Airbrush and air hose from the the US it was $100 USD and with shipping it came out to be about $130 USD. When UPS delivered it the duty was $53 CDN. I was shocked at the amount, but there was no retailer of this brand in Canada.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back