Need Critique Please....Basset Gone Wild

To the OP. Thank you for the laugh. The only reason I laugh is that I had 2 Basset Hounds when I was young. The picture brought back some good memories.

Thank you......

You are most welcome! I've ALWAYS said that to be owned by a Basset, you MUST have a sense of humor!:lol:

I always wanted to get a Basset because they were supposedly low-energy dogs.

I think the shot is awesome. Whoever said something about changing the color has a good idea. the placement of the post isn't as distracting as the color. Muting it into some sort of brown hue would really help.

And once again, great shot. I have some super high-energy dogs as well, so I know what you mean. From the time your camera gets down to their level, to the time they're right there is about .4 seconds.

Ummm, yeah, that's one of the myths of Basset Hounds, when they want to they can be low energy dogs but more often than not they are running and really can run quite fast for those short legs :) They were bred to flush game out of the their holes/dens so you figure they've to to have some speed and agility.

Here's one of the two of them running away from me during one of the last snowstorms of the winter:

DSC_3060.jpg

I didn't have time to get to their level, not to mention my camera would have had to have been in the snow.

Nice job at taking the poles out of the background sachphotography, I am not sure I would use that much color saturation, but good job nonetheless!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back