Need Hardware Advice

Figment

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.just-stuff.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so after a few years of Freelance videography, I've decided to dive into the world of Standard photography. Being totally new to this (Other than my Fujifilm 3 Mp, slow as honey running down a frozen tree digital camera) I have no idea what I want to buy.
So I figured I'd give this a shot. After reading a bunch of posts here, it looks like everyone here is helpful, knowledgable, and active on the forums. :)
So, here's what I need. I've decided I want an SLR Camera (After some helpful people on Craigslist)
I've looked at a few Canons and Nikons that I like, but they're missing a feature here and there. So I've compiled a "Must Have" list for my camera.
My intentions are mostly for Online Posting, but I may print a few out. I'm handy with Photoshop and can slim photos down if I need to.
At least 8 Mp.
On-board flash
Video Capability (MUST have as I'm selling my video camera to fund this camera. I still want to be able to shoot "home movies")
And the list of "Would like to haves"
Interchangable lenses
Rechargable Battery
So.. Now the "funny" part. My budget is $700 Max. I've looked on E-Bay and Craigslist, and don't like the look of a lot of the kits I see. They come with a bunch of crap I don't think I'll use/need.
So, any suggestions on rigs to look into?
Thanks for any/all help! I look forward to frequenting these forums. :D

Well heres some good news, every slr made (or at least 90%) Have a rechargeable batter, and they all can change lenses. I'd look into (if you can find it) getting a canon t1i used. Or new if you can bump your budget to 899 *But you said max so I'm assuming thats a no go.) It has 1920x1080 video at 20 fps.

Well heres some good news, every slr made (or at least 90%) Have a rechargeable batter, and they all can change lenses. I'd look into (if you can find it) getting a canon t1i used. Or new if you can bump your budget to 899 *But you said max so I'm assuming thats a no go.) It has 1920x1080 video at 20 fps.

The fact that it's Canon has my interest peaked. :) I've been an avid Canon User for years.
I poked around a few websites, read some reviews, and a lot of good things have been said about this rig. At present, my budget's $700, but if my GL1 Sale falls through, and it goes to Craigslist or something like that, I'll sell it for more. (I'm only selling it for $700 because it's a friend and co-worker)
Thanks for the advice!

So after some careful consideration, I've decided to forgo video. I figure I can pick up a handycam down the road if need be. That being said, I'm looking towards a Canon Rebel. Any advice on which model I should go for?

Most reactions

Back