Need help buying camera for macro/ product photography-complete beginner!

siliefly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,
I am a jewellery designer/ maker and I am looking to buy my own camera and equipment to take my own photos as I am very interested about learning how to do it and think it will save me a lot of money in the long run to take my own product shots.
I have been researching a lot but I am unsure of a lot! My budget is around €1500 in euros.
To start I need a camera. I am thinking that I will need something that is at least 15 mega pixels? Some photos may be used for posters so I need high resolution, great quality photos. Would 15mp be sufficient?! I was looking at the canon EOS 50D ??
Then for the lens I was looking at the canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM This looks like an amazing lens but I am unsure if I need something so good but I do want to buy the right equipment that will last me.
Then for the flash: when researching the Canon Macro Ring Lite KIT MR-14EX 100mm 60mm 50mm Lens was recommended but this is pretty pricey I think, I wanted to spend the bulk of my money on the lens as this is the most important? I then read that a Canon Speedlite 270EX would be sufficient for flash if I bounced it off an overhead white wall or something???
Do I have this all right? I want to make sure I get the proper stuff to set up with so that is why I am asking for your help in this forum!!!

Thank you very much in advance ☺

Eily

Most reactions

Back