Need help figuring out this Flash..

For the Wireless radio trigger:

- You need at least one Transmitter which attached to the camera via hotshore or sync port with cable and one receiver which attached to the flash directly via hotshoe (yes, most of them provide a hotshoe for the flash) or sync port with cable. So if you 6 flashes, you just need 1 transmitter and 6 receivers and 6 flashes.

- You do not really need sync cord at all, you can just use hotshoe on the camera for the transmitter, and hotshoe on the receiver for the flash. (you can, but you do not have to)

- When you press the shutter button, the transmitter will send signal to the receivers and all flashes on the receivers will fire at the same time. Much better than using optical slave especially during the day or there is not line of sight between the camera and flash. You can even put the receiver with flash inside a pot or behind a wall, it will still fire.

Take a look at the following video, this is a Cactus Radio Trigger (a little more expensive), but you should get the idea on how those radio triggers setup.

Also, those lower cost Radio trigger works with manual flash (no TTL) or regular flash that has manual settings.

Ahh I see now. So then the PT 04 comes with 2 receivers. So then I put the transmitter thing on the camera hotsoes, and I can put the macro flash ring on the bracket with 1 of the receivers, and just attack the other receiver to the yongnuo flash and i'm all set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much. Keep in mind there are a lot of PT-04 clone out there and they are not created equally. I'd a YongNuo version which I bought back in 2008 or 2009 and it work well with my Vivitar 285v flashes. They are usually lower cost. If you want to spend a little more, you can find some better one now. A lot of them now support TTL, some of them can be used as a remote shutter as well. Some of them are made so that the transmitter and receiver are the same. You just flip a switch to change a receiver to a transmitter (hence the name transeiver). Do more research and see which one fit you better.

In Amazon, you can see reviews for those triggers. That should give you a rough idea on how good they are. And of course, if you want something reliable, no misfire or not fire, you may need to invest more money. But then again, those cheap triggers are great for learning or hobby use.

As you can see, getting an actual correct answer or response to what you actually wrote is going to be a pretty rare event.

About as rare as the OP asking a clearly stated question.

Trying to understand the OP's question is sometimes like pulling teeth, herding cats, analyzing a schizophrenic, shoeing an elephant, pushing on a rope, and performing a psychic reading.

Oh well, at least we got through this one without anybody being banned.

And I think we answered his question.
Oh my god do you ever stop posting crap?

I don't get why you and braineack haven't been removed from this thread. You only consist of rude posts and stupid lies. And make forums very unpleasant. Tell me, how does crying day and night solve anything? The problem was solved already last night. So you just keep bringing back the trouble, and then say it's my fault. FYI, Abuse reported.

Life; why are you posting to me? Can't you see that my post was not directed to you but to photoguy99 instead?

ps; I did post to you in the next post. Did you even read my answer?

A very straight, truthful answer, BTW.

Life, both Braineack and Designer were just trying to help. And they were usually quite helpful here. So please stop calling them out. Just relax and have fun.

Pretty much. Keep in mind there are a lot of PT-04 clone out there and they are not created equally. I'd a YongNuo version which I bought back in 2008 or 2009 and it work well with my Vivitar 285v flashes. They are usually lower cost. If you want to spend a little more, you can find some better one now. A lot of them now support TTL, some of them can be used as a remote shutter as well. Some of them are made so that the transmitter and receiver are the same. You just flip a switch to change a receiver to a transmitter (hence the name transeiver). Do more research and see which one fit you better.

In Amazon, you can see reviews for those triggers. That should give you a rough idea on how good they are. And of course, if you want something reliable, no misfire or not fire, you may need to invest more money. But then again, those cheap triggers are great for learning or hobby use.
Ok. I'm looking at some on amazon right now.
About as rare as the OP asking a clearly stated question.

Trying to understand the OP's question is sometimes like pulling teeth, herding cats, analyzing a schizophrenic, shoeing an elephant, pushing on a rope, and performing a psychic reading.

Oh well, at least we got through this one without anybody being banned.

And I think we answered his question.
Oh my god do you ever stop posting crap?

I don't get why you and braineack haven't been removed from this thread. You only consist of rude posts and stupid lies. And make forums very unpleasant. Tell me, how does crying day and night solve anything? The problem was solved already last night. So you just keep bringing back the trouble, and then say it's my fault. FYI, Abuse reported.

Life; why are you posting to me? Can't you see that my post was not directed to you but to photoguy99 instead?

ps; I did post to you in the next post. Did you even read my answer?

A very straight, truthful answer, BTW.
I am aware, but it was about me, and it was also completely untrue. And yes I read your post after that.

Life, both Braineack and Designer were just trying to help. And they were usually quite helpful here. So please stop calling them out. Just relax and have fun.
I do not understand how you can even say that after reading everything they've posted the last 2 pages..

Anyways just to move on with our lives... Could I ask a favour? Could you find a good flash with similar abilities to the Yongnuo and a decent control thing all for under $80 on amazon? because I do not know much when it comes to what is really good in a flash. Even with researching I still haven't understood 100% what to look for. I know I need zoom able, Brightnes adjustment, and things like that. But I don't know about slave and so on. Thanks

I do not understand how you can even say that after reading everything they've posted the last 2 pages..

Anyways just to move on with our lives... Could I ask a favour? Could you find a good flash with similar abilities to the Yongnuo and a decent control thing all for under $80 on amazon? because I do not know much when it comes to what is really good in a flash. Even with researching I still haven't understood 100% what to look for. I know I need zoom able, Brightnes adjustment, and things like that. But I don't know about slave and so on. Thanks

The Yongnuo flash offerings are confusing to me. They have bunches of flashes.
And then when you get one that you think has the ability, it does, but can be severely limited.

I bought a 560 because it is compatible with my SU-800. It is, but seems to be limited to about 8 feet. mmmmm ... oh well .... that's what you get for a cheap flash - sometimes certain features just are not to the level of an OEM flash.

With the radio trigger bases it increases your flash abilities greatly if you ask me .... and that comes from inexperience lol
I see radio triggers in my near future for some of the things I want to do (hidden flashes).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back