Need help finding a certain strap

Rebecca Minkoff - Studded Leather Guitar Handbag Strap

or get some gold glitzy ...
RW Superior Leather Neck Strap
RWSUPblack.jpg

I contacted the guy in the picture I shared earlier. He's in another country but he might be able to point me in the right direction. That's if he even replies. Fingers crossed! haha.

I have absolutely no idea what to do. I would like to bring my camera around with me more often but maybe bringing my DSLR around everywhere is not the solution for me, it is big and it is heavier which is why I typically bring it when I know I'm going to be taking pictures not when I'm running errands or cruising in the muscle car or going on my evening walks.

The reason above is why I originally bought the Fuji X100 because that was suppose to be my "fun" camera, that I can take with me everywhere. I sold that camera because it was the first version and it had weird issues that just didn't make that fun to me and the ISO performance was pretty horrible. So I thought the RX100 M3 would be the solution, great camera...but just WAY to small for my hands.

So maybe my original intention was the right thing for me. Having two cameras one for my general and work photography and other for fun.

I'm tempted to just buy the Fuji X100s. Thought about the Nikon Coolpix A but I really prefer my viewfinders. Just not sure if I could stand using the lcd screen to compose.

Sure I could get a Sony A6000 or something and get a prime lens for it but having that thought that its interchangeable will lead me to eventually buying another lens for it which is why I really love the Fuji X100 series of cameras. They have permanently fixed lenses which forces me to be creative which makes it fun for me. While I absolutely love the quality I get from my D610, it just isn't practice ALL the time.

I don't know, maybe I'm going crazy again! Oh wait, I'm already am! :D

I had a P7800 for a while for the exact same reasons.
But that one had too small a sensor and it wasn't very flexible for what I wanted.

I'll be getting a Sony or FujiFilm at some point soon, though a Full Spectrum version (but I'll have filters for it to block out IR/UV/VS for the Visual Spectrum . and use as a normal camera. It's replaceable lens but I don't have any plans on getting a 2nd lens, as I'd have to do something about those filters. And those filters, once you get to high quality ones ... are really expensive.

It's just a matter of buying something and not getting the urge to keep upgrading, buying, etc.

I started carrying one of my DSLR with my 150-600 with me. Yesterday I had a nice eye view of a Airbus A388 flying past and it's been on my list to get more pics of. Unfortunately they don't land/takeoff around where I live, just fly past while I'm at work. So I figured I'll watch their flight paths and get them while I'm at work .. sooner or later.

I had a P7800 for a while for the exact same reasons.
But that one had too small a sensor and it wasn't very flexible for what I wanted.

I'll be getting a Sony or FujiFilm at some point soon, though a Full Spectrum version (but I'll have filters for it to block out IR/UV/VS for the Visual Spectrum . and use as a normal camera. It's replaceable lens but I don't have any plans on getting a 2nd lens, as I'd have to do something about those filters. And those filters, once you get to high quality ones ... are really expensive.

It's just a matter of buying something and not getting the urge to keep upgrading, buying, etc.

That's why I like the fixed prime lens cameras, you can't buy lenses for them! Haha. I was looking at Fuji X100s and dang, they are still pretty pricey! I'd hate to get another Fuji X100 again...its only 12mp haha.

yeah, I have my Galaxy S7 too. It can take a great picture, but it is limited.

A used Canon EOS M3 + 22 f/2 STM can be had pretty cheap - That would be a pretty fun setup honestly.

Regarding straps, I hear you. I use my BlackRapid and the Peak Design CapturePro clip on a backpack depending on the situation.

I would like to bring my camera around with me more often but maybe bringing my DSLR around everywhere is not the solution for me, it is big and it is heavier
That's the reason I bought an Olympus EM1. The 14-150 variable aperture is about the same size as my Canon Rebel kit 18-55. The 12-40 f/2.8 is about the same size as my 18-55 lens. The 17mm 1.8 with lens hood is about the size of a racquetball.

With a 2x crop factor, it's pretty nice for the size. IQ is pretty good, too.

You could likely find a cheap, used EM5 mk1 and a walk around lens for like $500-600. It'll be more portable than your Nikon.

That's an option I guess.

I just don't know if its a smart decision to spend $500 on another camera right now just because I can't find a way to comfortably bring my DSLR with me everywhere. Sure I have my phone with me most of the time, but I suck at taking pictures using a phone haha.

Understood.

Then, make your own strap. If it works out well, find a way to mass produce and market it.

Otherwise, you'll have to compromise based on what's currently available.

Understood.

Then, make your own strap. If it works out well, find a way to mass produce and market it.

Otherwise, you'll have to compromise based on what's currently available.

I have no idea what the right thing to do. I just want to have fun with photography again. Like I said earlier, I have no problems carrying my DSLR with me when I know I'm going to be taking pictures but when I'm just out and about doing things, I honestly don't want to deal with carrying my DSLR and probably my bag too when I may end up not even using it. Having something small like a Fuji X100, Coolpix A or similar on my person will probably encourage me to take pictures more because I'll be more inclined to take it with me. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

The Nikon Coolpix A is so cheap though haha. A friend of mine bought a Ricoh GR and that thing is incredible as well. They don't have viewfinders, but gotta make a compromise somewhere. I believe Nikon made a viewfinder for the Coolpix A though. Your suggest of getting an OMD M5 is a great idea, but the problem I have is the fact that its interchangeable which eventually the little voice in my head will tell me I need another lens for it! LOL. Whereas having a fixed prime lens camera, I have no choice but to use what I have. The 28mm equivalents may not be bad because I had the X100, there was plenty of times I wished it was wider.

The orginal Fuji X100 was awesome...like 8 years ago and I think its a little foolish to spend $500 on that camera at this point.

I'll probably go with the Ricoh GR if I go this route, a used one of course.

Actually, someone is selling a Ricoh GR with the GV-2 for $600. Not bad deal.

But I'm just going to take some time and think about it because its an important decision for me. Like always, I tend to overthink things so its best to wait for a while and see if its something that I'd like to have. If anything, I might just rent one from LensRentals for a week.

Why does it have to have no connectors left on camera? I'm just curious. Just a dedication to style?

I am at the other extreme... I have connectors for three different straps hanging off my camera haha...

Why does it have to have no connectors left on camera? I'm just curious. Just a dedication to style?

I am at the other extreme... I have connectors for three different straps hanging off my camera haha...

Because when I'm shooting with no strap, I don't want a bunch a connectors flopping around everywhere lol. I like it clean.

Did you every find what you were looking for?

This option doesn't leave too much on the camera, just a couple of rings...

gordy's camera straps

Most reactions

Back