Need help fixing blurry images and sun glare

BGIESPHOTOGRAPHY

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am a beginner photographer and have been doing a lot of practice shoots in different scenarios. Recently I did a practice shoot in multiple locations and made a few mistakes. I still have a lot to learn and make plenty of mistakes, but I hope that someone can help me correct some of these photos...

I must have been standing too far back and did not have enough light for some of the shots, so the people are blurry and not lighted properly. Is there a way to fix this?

Also, in the other setting there was a glare of sun coming accross the people and it makes them unclear/cloudy looking. Is there a way to fix this as well?

I tried to attach some pictures, some dark, some over exposed, some with sun glare, but I am also new to the forum and don't know if I did it correctly (if they're not attached I would be happy to repost them or send them seperately).Will someone please let me know if any of these images are salvagable and which ones would be best to fix and possibly how to fix them.

Also, if you have any suggestions as to what you think I did wrong, I would appreciate all the advice you're willing to give!

Thank you so much,
BG

If you have a washed out photo, you need a lens hood. But sometimes people do it on purpose to get the lens flare. What you did wrong was not understanding how the camera metring really works. The easiest fix would be to reshoot.

Could you post a sample photo? If it's blurry, it might not be fixable. But if it's simply washed out and "softer" it might be.

Thanks for the info. What kind of lens hood would you recommend... circle, tulip...? A
lso, how do I learn more about metering?

Start reading here with the "How your camera works" section. To add to what Bennielou said above, blur is almost never fixable.

You can't fix out of focus.

Get more practice with your camera. Brush up on the basics of exposure. Those two things will probably help quite a bit.

Im sorry bennielou, I have tried to upload a photo, but for some reason it's not allowing me to do so. I don't know what's going on... Any suggestions?

Im sorry bennielou, I have tried to upload a photo, but for some reason it's not allowing me to do so. I don't know what's going on... Any suggestions?

Open an account with Photobucket or any other free hosting service and drag the photo there for upload. Then copy the code and paste it here.

Hope that helps

Welcome to the forum.

Firstly, you can't just attach images to your posts. You'll need to host them somewhere else (Photobucket, Flickr etc.) and then use the URL to post them here.
Secondly, you can't fix blurry shots. You can change the brightness, but the more you change, the worse looking your images will be. Best to get it right 'in-camera'.
When it comes to something like lens/sun flare, you can 'get rid of it' with editing software (Photoshop etc.) but what you have to do, is to basically copy over those spots with something else. So if it's in a part of the image that is uniform and/or unimportant, it's not to hard. If it's over people....then it's much, much harder, and probably close to impossible in many cases.

A lens hood is great for helping to prevent lens flare. What camera/lens are you shooting with? There are usually specific hoods that match specific lenses.

To learn about metering, you should first gain an understanding of exposure. (shutter speed, aperture and ISO). In other words...the basics of photography. Plenty of resources to learn that stuff. Books, websites/forums, classes/school etc.

Upload to a free online host like Flickr or [gag] photobucket, then put the code in your post. You can't upload directly to the site unless you a re a contributing member.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back