Need help in choosing editing software

Wheaten59

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking for processing (editing) software for my computer which i'm running XP. I need something for beginners as I don't get around the computer very well. Someone told me that Elements 6 would be a good place to start. I really would appreciate all opinions here as I want to get my photos looking better. Again, I am a beginner so please keep this in mind. Thank you.

i use photoshop now but started with mgi photosuite.

try downloading picassa its free and a good start with spending any money

I have a Canon 30D.

What kind of editing do you wish to do is the real question. The camera ultimately should make no difference.

Do you want to do all the normal photo adjustments with full control like in the old darkrooms? Fine brightness contrast, advanced black and white conversion, basic cloning touchups, and red eye reduction, maybe split toning adjusting saturations and hues etc.

Or do you want to make poster like effects with weird and wonderful grains and get really artsy with the results.

If you're after photo adjusting software I suggest look towards either the free Picassa or the more advanced but very powerfull Adobe Lightroom.

If on the other hand you want to create weird effects you'll need an image editing program not a photo processing program. Something like the free program GIMP or the very expensive Adobe Photoshop.

Most reactions

Back